My journey with Orange starts

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by softail, Jul 21, 2014.

1. softail

softail Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Back on the road after 3 great days of TAH.

New assignment has me D/H from Sumner to French Camp. 777 miles.

Last weeks drove 2775 miles. Not bad, considering that 2 days I only drove a combined 63 miles.

Finished out last week after the run to Chico, D/H to Fairfield going to Grandview WA. 841 miles. I had 3 days to get to Grandview. I stayed in Fairfield for an extra 1.5 days. My daughter lives there, so I had a very good but short visit with her and her family.

After Grandview, I D/H the 271 miles back to Sumner. I picked up a relay going 5 miles to Puyallup. Then headed home.

Grijon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Drove 408 miles yesterday to Central Point OR. Today, drove 303 miles to French Camp OC. Dropped the MT. Picked up a relay of paper going to Parlier CA. This load is a week late according to workflow. Missed the relay connection. So, I drove a total of 447 miles today. Stopped for the night in Madera CA. About 45 miles from destination.

Grijon Thanks this.
  4. taugust

taugust Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Cuyamaca, CA
    Today I delivered to Pueblo CO from Fontana. After about an hour delay, my next assignment comes in to deliver the empty I just picked up to Fontana. 1000+ miles deadhead. Not complaining, just wondering about the state of freight. Or is it a lack of empties in SoCal? I had a load to Phoenix last week with a deadhead back to Fontana as well.

5. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I just took an empty to Denver and B/T to Farmington, NM (400 miles). 2nd time something like that has happened. It's the Sunday crew. I tried dropping my empty at the Target in pueblo but they wouldn't let me. Had to go north 80 miles to go south right after. Doesn't make any sense to me. Originally they had me dropping the empty at a small truck stop. None of it makes sense to me but who am I to question.

6. TruckerPatrick86

TruckerPatrick86 Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Central Florida
    The last 2 posts make me glad I don't run out West. That's messed up.

7. EggoTrucker

EggoTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    They get paid so it doesn't matter lol

8. warhippy

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    And I got 12 mpg B/T

9. taugust

taugust Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Cuyamaca, CA
    Headed toward Pueblo, I passed another Schneider driver bobtailing west. He had a long way to go anywhere.

10. softail

Nov 3, 2012
    The Great Pacific NW
    Beats my 777 miles dragging MT to French Camp OC. You are right about getting good MPG. I was at 8.5.

Unloaded my Live load in Parlier in the AM. New load assignment had me DH 90 miles to Shaftner CA for a D/H going 993 miles to Auburn WA. When I get to Auburn, I have a 3 hour wait for this live load of tires. I was at this place a couple weeks ago. I just picked the relay from Sumner then. My appointment is at 08:00.

Drove a total 580 miles today. Stopped just outside Redding at the Rest Area. Drove further than I wanted, so that I can sneak a night at home tomorrow night before I deliver to Auburn on Wednesday AM. So far, it's been a good week. It will be a little over 1800 miles by Wednesday AM with 4 more days to add more miles. Hope this keeps up for the rest of the week. I like it.

Grijon Thanks this.
  11. warhippy

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Picked up outside SLC with a load to Costco in Pullayup, WA...live unload with appointment. On I-84 on the Oregon/Idaho border they closed I-84. Called 2nd shift which was a waste of time. I'll have to wait until morning to figure out what they want to do with the load since we obviously will not be able to deliver on time. 1st Road closure of the season for us and I am sure it won't be the last.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.