My KLLM company driving experience so far...

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Wookie Dude, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Bigdoggie

Bigdoggie Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2012
    I would agree with all of the above - that is accurate. I pulled into the J in southern ILL / Pontoon Beach and backed into a stall. Next to me was a KsmellsmellM (whoops I mean KLLM) trailer. As I happened to do my walk around and post trip inspection, I noted a few things about my neighboring Ksmell smell M trailer. No tractor for one thing, no king pin lock, reefer unit running on fresh 32 continuous, no lock on trailer doors- just a silly little seal. These clowns are hauling our food around this country? Really? Can't even put a lock on the trailer doors. Glad I'm gone and it seems that things have not changed much. Just a shame.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. killernoha

killernoha Bobtail Member

May 9, 2013
    ashland ohio
    first of all you can't believe everything they tell you in orientation like the denying loads you have to the deny loads to get a load you want or you will go broke now I averaged 2500 to 3500 miles a week but I have to fight with my dispatcher and Load planners to get these loads as far as the lease purchase program is concerned just consider the truck in expensive rental you will make more money that way trying to own the truck is not something you want any how the truck is underpoweredas far as miles per gallon I average about 7 miles per gallon in a quarter with very little idling you can make money at KLLM but you're going to have times when you're in a hole as far as the load planners are concerned there kind of a joke and the dispatcher is stuck in the middle as far as Jim Richards or Jim warrenn are concerned it's about making money not whether you own the truck or not as far as not making money that is for people who don't fight for loads that make them more miles or for people who want to go home every other weekend as far as regional driving goes I hear that portage does very well and they don't get paid by the mile they get paid by the load so you do end up with some dead head that you don't get paid for overall KLLM is a good starter company but not good4 experienced drivers as far as being a company driver I'm a lease purchase driver and I will work you to death you're going to average about 300 miles a day and you're going to get stuck with crappy loads so if you are going to sign on to KLLM just know that this company is not about making you happy you are driver and you're going to have bad days and good days as far as I'm concerned I'm turning in my truck because I bought my own so KLLM has done that for me not everything is good about this company and I'm not going to tell you that it is because there's a lot of things wrong with it like their safety point program being safety pointed for company violations not dot violations which I think is a joke as far as the safety is concerned well just try your hardest not to get any but you will get them because they have it set up that way as far as logs goes well sometimes I have problems with my Qualcomm wanted to go of duty driving which I've made a comment about but fell on deaf ears so I don't worry about it and do my best to work around itbut just remember if you come on as a driver these guys are not your friends dispatchers load planners an owners your friend is your truck and your ability to do your best to make the miles you need so I don't work for KLLM to make them money I work for KLLM to make me money I average 1200 to 1500 a week but I am not lazy

desperado75 Thanks this.
  4. George003

George003 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Im Heading Over To KLLM For There Lease Program. I Have Talked To Other Drivers And They Seem To Like It Because Of When The Buy-Out Comes To.. But How Do You Like It So Far. I Tried Working With Them A Year Ago And They Sald that It Was A No-Go. So Now I'm waiting On Monday To see If I get Accepted. I'm hope I Do Get Accepted Because I Would Like To Join The Brown Team.

5. George003

George003 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2014
    :biggrin_25525:What Division Are You in? I'm About To Go Mid-West...Let Me Know Some Info. Thank you So Much For Explaining A Lot That I Had Questions About. Thx G3

6. killernoha

May 9, 2013
    ashland ohio
    You will make more running portage i dont work for kllm anymore but dont mind what other drivets say about buying truck yhe program is not setup for u to pay off truck.its just a tool to make money when you go to pay off truck they bring truck in for last inspection to tell.u.something is wrong with it so the make u a offer for the truck in put u in another lease hope i have been helpful

7. Wookie Dude

Wookie Dude Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Slidell, LA
    Not going to lie - There are times that I really miss driving cross country. I wish my KLLM experience went smoother, but I'm happy doing local grocery deliveries. Making about $1k/week and home every night and killer benefits. I've REALLY learned how to back trailers - very few of our stores have docks and most of our stores are a pain in the butt to get to, I'm talking about grocery stores in the residential areas of New Orleans where we have to dodge thick oak tree limbs hanging at 12'. It's kind of insane! Working my ##### off in comparison to when I was going cross country, but it's paying off - I've lost nearly 100 lbs in the last two years from dieting and pushing pallets. Hope everyone had a safe winter, just kinda checking in to say hi I guess.

Was weird when I showed up to work one morning and I saw a KLLM truck pulling a FFE trailer, and a FFE truck pulling a KLLM trailer. How's things going since the buyout? What did they do with all that stuff that FFE built in Dallas (the training yard/hotel/etc)?

8. bama07football

bama07football Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2012
    everywhere but home
    KLLM is using the Dallas yard.....I left after the merger in November....they was giving the ffe drivers all the miles and left us out to starve...

9. killernoha

May 9, 2013
    ashland ohio
  10. jeffo51

jeffo51 Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2013
    This is the longest run-on sentence that I have ever seen.

Red Hot Mess and Buzzkillm Thank this.
  11. Ebola Guy

Ebola Guy Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    Really, it's a really long phrase. No cap or period. :D;)

Red Hot Mess Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.