My lease adventure

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Rooster1291979, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    No APU unless you get on with the heavy haul side. Most have bunk heaters though.

dukeofearl Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Porkchop61

Porkchop61 Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Lumberton, NJ
    Hey rooster thank you for all this info been thinking making the jump. Been off the rd for about 7 yrs been driving for 29 hrs got some sd,FB vans n some refer mostly fb. Whole lot has changed since I've been out. Kids r all growed up now. So thank you for all ur info it helps other drivers if we only had more drivers like u out here willing to help other God bless on all u do n be safe brother. I have one more question If u don't mind
    do they run paper logs or ober
    Thanks again

4. truckerim2055

truckerim2055 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Ochelata ok
    We run elogs on the qualcomm.

5. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

I did paper logs while transitioning from one truck to another and hated it. Being a geeky kind of guy (as old as I am, I have to give my 20-Something children e-instructions at times!) I hated having to remember to pull out the paper at every stop, make those lines, figure out the time spent, when it would leave, and the time left, then have to plan the road in front of me.

Nope. Give me e-logs any day. Besides being very comfortable with electronic record keeping, I'm also the laziest guy I know. Punching a computer screen is SO much easier than paper-and-pen.

6. 5speed

5speed Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Thank u Rooster for all your information. Too many threads of...this company screwed me over and blah blah blah

Ketchikan baby Thanks this.
  7. DenaliDad

Can you explain this? I worked for a regional company that paid me 24%; their computation was based on the value of the load I was carrying each run and I don't know how they arrived at this figure. Normally, the loads were $1,000 or less...sometimes much less. Once, however, I carried a high-dollar load valued at $75,000, making my pay for that one run about $18,000. Obviously, I liked that very much!

But I understand that's not the normal way, especially when you consider,your percentage. for example. You use the term "line haul" as the basis for yours. I don't know what that means, so could you expound? What parts make up the whole? Who decides those parts?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  8. rescue909

rescue909 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Monterey, Tennessee
    Linehaul is the actual fee for the load no fuel sur charge or anything added on.

9. DenaliDad

Well, what does "actual fee for the load" mean? Is it what the company charges? If so, what is it based on?

10. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    It's the contract rate for moving the load from point a to point b. Based on size, weight, location, distance and a bunch of other stuff. On top of that you have fuel surcharge, tarp pay, stop pay, detention, relocation, over size.... The list goes on.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  11. Night_driver

Night_driver Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Not a bad idea to lease. Lower monthly payment and then you don't have to deal with selling it. I leased some of my personal cars, and bought others. It just depends on the resale value. And then you might have to wait a few months until it sells.
    From your $610 payment, do you know how much is just for the truck? How many miles on it, and is it still on the warranty?

Rdash1990 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.