My lease adventure

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Rooster1291979, Aug 6, 2014.

1. steven7994

steven7994 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Rooster903, where do you live?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rooster903

Rooster903 Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Great State of Texas
  4. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    So it's been a long long time since I have posted in here. Couple of reasons, hard to keep up when I'm on the road and enjoying home time( really I just mean lazy), and the biggest is company related. I heard through the grapevine that the company was aware of my thread, so I stopped posting to see if anything was said to me about it.
    Nothing ever was.

So.... I'm still with the same company. I have been running steady and consistently these last several months. I leveled up in class and started running Canada loads.

I have about 5 more weeks till this lease is done. Remember, I will not own this truck when it's done. I get a completion bonus and the option to buy it at fair market value if I so choose. I plan on taking about a month off from trucking to spend some time at home, and just relaxing. I am fairly sure I will come back to ATS after my month, but I will not say 100%. A few interesting trucking opportunities have popped up and I need to research those at length.

Since this "lease adventure" is almost over, let me summarize in bullet format.

First the good.

•Depending on on how the next 5 weeks go I should be at or very close to 100k for the year net.
    •I'm not lying about that number.
    •I enjoy the environment at this company, for the most part.
    •While I am just a truck number to some depts here, there are many many office staff that know me by sight and that makes me feel good.
    •My Driver manager is very very good.
    •The lease has held no surprises for me which is good. They have done what they said they would do.
    •Payroll has been spot on 98% of the time which is rare in this industry.

Now the bad.

•Trailers, trailers and trailers. Seems like I am always getting them repaired and wasting my time doing it.
    •There's not often preplans here. Wait time has been minimal, but sometimes I deliver a load and head for the nearest truck stop, just to turn around and back track after getting a load. Knowing a direction to travel would be good.
    •Recapped tires... Don't like them. Have had issues.
    •Deadhead for hometime. Usually for me it's 350 miles or so. Get me closer to home, or chip in for fuel!!
    •Having to use their shops for every other PM. It's a hassle.

In summation.

I have enjoyed my time here. I have made great money. I have learned a lot from the company, but mostly from other drivers. There are some really great people here. I have made memories I will never forget. Running convoy from one end of the country to the other with some of the funniest guys I have ever met.

I do recommend this company and this lease to experienced, hard working and intelligent drivers that know what they want. I still hold to the opinion ATS is NOT the company to go to if you want to purchase a truck through a lease. There are better faster ways for that. But, if you want to lease for the reasons I want to lease then this is a great company.

Cheers guys,
    Rooster

Lepton1, dukeofearl, 59EX and 13 others Thank this.
  5. rescue909

rescue909 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Monterey, Tennessee
    I was wondering where you have been

6. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    I have still been around. Kinda burnt out a little. I'm sure everyone feels that way from time to time.

Lepton1 and dukeofearl Thank this.
  7. rescue909

rescue909 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Monterey, Tennessee
    Yeah just wanted 2 make sure you knew I was still here, 4 months now, and I'm still having fun lol

8. Kujo

Kujo Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2012
    in the middle
    Do you plan to do the tap program? I was told by recruiting after the one year lease if i did the tap program after a year of it i could take the truck to a different company if i wanted. Was trying to find anyone that can confirm that.

dukeofearl Thanks this.
  9. rescue909

rescue909 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Monterey, Tennessee
    I'm not doing the tap but my understanding is you can take it to another company that ATS owns, but I just refuse to do a long term lease where I'm tied to any certain company

Kujo Thanks this.
  10. Kujo

Kujo Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2012
    in the middle
    I didn't know they owned any other companies. But that's my feelings to. I still think I'll come to ATS but stick to my plan and buy a truck on my own in another year. Anyone know what their age requirements are for trucks?

11. rescue909

rescue909 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Monterey, Tennessee
    That I don't know, from what I have seen its probably pretty picky, I ain't seen any older trucks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.