My lease adventure

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Crazytrucker77, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Peterbilts

Peterbilts Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2021
    Illinois
    Crazytrucker77 I just wanted to say thank you for starting this thread! I’ve spent the past two days while I do a certain unload (I haul hazmat and it takes a minimum of 2 hrs to finish) yesterday it took me 5! I really enjoy reading about your endeavors and it makes me hopeful about either leasing or lease purchase with a company. Of course after reading all the fine print and seeing if it’d be worth it. You’ve talked about some things I’ve already researched about and brought up much more that I had no idea about. I just starting trucking in Sept of this year and it runs in the family. Hoping to become O/O eventually. Also thinking of changing freight type and going heavy haul/oversize. Have a few companies in mind. I’m glad I finally got caught up to the end of this thread so I’m up to date. By the way, congratulations on the new trailer! Proud of you for sticking through the ups and downs and thank you for it as well. Just shows the new guys like me that it still can be done just have to have the drive to do so! Also I don’t know if you mentioned it, but what did you swap your truck out for and what did you get?

popcorn169 and dwells40 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Crazytrucker77

Crazytrucker77 Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    Thank you for enjoying my thread. As far as my truck goes we only get Pete 579's. Mine is a 2020. I love this truck and she has been good to me. I am thinking about buying mine once the lease is up.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  4. Peterbilts

Jul 27, 2021
    Illinois
    You’ve grown to enjoy the automatic?

5. Crazytrucker77

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    Yup. I have found that I'm significantly less fatigued at the end of the day. It also helps with my bad knee and ankle.

6. Peterbilts

Jul 27, 2021
    Illinois
    Good to hear! I haven’t drove an auto yet and I’m not exactly in a huge rush to try it out. Haha

7. Crazytrucker77

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    We have a guy that works with me swear he wouldn't ever drive an auto. He had to use one of our automatic trucks while his was in the shop. He now has a new auto truck and loves it lol.

8. Peterbilts

Jul 27, 2021
    Illinois
    Thats funny. I’m sure I’ll be the same way but I’ve just heard stories from guys at my company hauling loaded tanks and they said when they come to a stop the surge from the tank makes the truck go from neutral/1st into second and back to reverse

9. Crazytrucker77

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    Ok people here is both December and the whole years numbers. I am happy that I was able to get a new trailer this year and pay off the old one. I am planning on selling the old one this year. I had a good year and cant complain at all. I am looking forward to another good year this year. My goals for this year is to get up to the 20k mark in my reserves and hopefully get the trailer financed so it can be on the business credit. Unfortunately I will no longer be posting my numbers in this thread. I never intended to do it for this long and feel this has ran its course. Thank you to the people that followed my adventure. It is time for me to focus on other things. There has been a major change in my personal life that requires my attention and time. I recently was able to reconnect with my boy and am trying to build a relationship with him as well as helping him with school. Anyways I ran 98532 miles this year if anyone wants to run the calculations.

Attached Files:

RidgeRunner731, dunchues and dwells40 Thank this.
  10. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    I am happy for you to come this far. I hope you have a great it year and that you can build a great relationship with your son. I hope you do check in from time to time and let us know how things are going. I got one enjoy your thread.

dwells40 and Crazytrucker77 Thank this.
  11. Peterbilts

Jul 27, 2021
    Illinois
    I hope you check in as well! I’ve enjoyed reading about your experience and hope your relationship with your son becomes a great one! It’s a special one to have!

Crazytrucker77 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.