My life at SNI ... grc

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by grc56_tn, Feb 22, 2010.

1. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

Wow, you're not having a good time. I really hope you get your health taken care of. Have you asked about coming into the office?

Hey, pay attention to your sig line, I like that one!!

Good luck to you, in all you do!!!:biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. banjer picker

banjer picker Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Cookeville,TN

I was pulling for you to be back sooner instead of later. Now I just hope you can get your health back with no more bad episodes. God bless Gary, and take care.

4. difference-maker

difference-maker Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Stay positive. I am sure that if you can't drive anymore you will be successful in your next adventure. I will lift you up in prayer. Let us know how things progress. Take care.

5. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Where did Foodmojo disappear to ??????

6. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    George
    I wish you only the best in the furture. Good luck and I hope things work out for you.
    Eric

7. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Thanks GRC. You are young enough to recover from this we'll say some prayers for you here in Nashville.

8. Brock

Brock Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2010
    I start my orientation in Charlotte this Saturday July 10. A little nervous but I think I'll be OK. Will be a driver out of London Kentucky eventually, out 6 in 2. They also toldme that I would be thru Londaon daily and might be able to drop by home occasionally, hope thats true. I've really enjoyed reading all the posts and I'm sorry to hear of the driver that had the set back. God Speed to you. From what I have read, it seems like I have made the right choice to start my career....

9. celticbiker

celticbiker Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Argyle, Maine

Hi to every one here J
    I have been following this for a wee while now, I am starting Orientation with Schneider next week (17th) at Harrisburg PA.

It's been 18 months since I left the "Big Blue " (Sure you know who I mean?) Started there right out of NTI (Bangor, ME) Great truck school fantastic trainers and very, very tough I felt and Maine DOT Test was very hard which is good in the long run.

Run with my first company even though I had heard Bad reports did my home work and Aye it was a disaster so quit after 6 months of (it was the $00.06. CPM while running team in a very unsafe Truck that did it for me), although I did run 37 states did both regional and OTR with 2 different Trainers, Made the best of it and was an adventure and a Big learning curve.

Any way after 18 months of trying to find a Truck driver job in Maine and only a 20 hour refresher in 2009 here I am offered a Job with "The Big Orange" True its back to training but I need that any way, Tim & Tyler my recruiter has been very helpful bent over backwards for me, actually and they seem ok will see what happens but am hopeful.

After 10 days Orientation /Training and then (as long as I pass every thing) its out with a Road Engineer?? Trainer? For 3 weeks to continue my re -training, then hopefully my own Truck and be running NER. Hard place to run as its busy there but I feel at my age 55 if I can run that and survive and do a excellent job then should be fine,

Any way will try to let you all know how it goes will give it my best shot any way, any info or tips appreciated from you "Old sweats" J
    Take care out there
    Pedraich (Celtic Biker)

10. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

Aye Jimmy, ya sound like my grandmum!! Haha, good to see another of me here.

You'll do fine, especially after getting out of that blue truck. I only lasted 11 weeks with them. Prepare for a bit of culture shock, you're treated like a person at the orange.

Now orange really is a nice colour, eh?:biggrin_25525:

11. celticbiker

celticbiker Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Argyle, Maine
    Hi Johnday
    Thanks for your wee comment there lad, Aye am a transplant from "Owa Tha Watter" as my Mum would say ? Am a bit of a Mut really Born in York England, My "Da" was Irish from County Clare and Mum was from Aberdeenshire.

I moved here from Scotland (where i lived for 20years) to Argyle Maine ??? funny eh, I taraveled all over Europe and fianaly to the USA, Took me a couple months getting used to driving on the "Wrong " side the road but its ok now .......Honest

So you did the same mate from Blue to Orange ha great am looking forward to it Nice to meet you laddie
    Your "Owld Country Pal"
    Pedraich :biggrin_25514:

johnday Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.