My life at SNI ... grc

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by grc56_tn, Feb 22, 2010.

1. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

Ya, my grandparents came from Blackburn, outside of Edinburgh. Stayed in Nova Scotia for a bit, left some offspring there I'm told, then came to Michigan.
    My Dad is Black Irish. Like yourself, I'm a mutt as well.:biggrin_2559:

Yepper, I left the blue screw in Feb of 2008. Bounced around a bit between them and the orange. Then stayed there for the last 1 1/2 years. Came off the road due to my wifes health concerns. Who knows, maybe someday I'll be back!:biggrin_25525:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Broken Spoke

Broken Spoke Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Tucson Arizona
    Even though any company seems to treat you like a "PERSON" be careful what you say and do there. Some companies do this to loosen up the employee so they get the employee to say and do things that expose the employee to write ups and termination. I am not saying this company does these kinds of under handed things but you should CYA if you know what I mean.

4. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

Good point, but why would anyone be that thoughtless. You weren't with USX at any time, were you?:biggrin_2556:

5. Broken Spoke

Broken Spoke Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Tucson Arizona
    NOPE but I used to work at a bank once, and I do stay at holiday inn express! LOL

johnday Thanks this.
  6. White Line

White Line Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Lexington KY
    Sad to hear,I hope you are doing better.Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

7. Oldguynewjob

Oldguynewjob Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Il.
    grc56
    Sorry to hear of your continued health issues, and hope you get better.
    Please keep us updated with your progress, good luck and take care.

8. GypsyWillowDusk72

GypsyWillowDusk72 Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    Sounds like he was with Roehl

9. GypsyWillowDusk72

GypsyWillowDusk72 Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    Sorry bluv, I haven't been on for about a week. I am a team driver with my husband. Schneider has started running us tighter which I like. We had another run out to Southern California 2750 mile run which we did in about 44 hours. Ran into some pretty heavy rain and high winds near Oxnard. Blew so hard it rocked the trailer. Hot as hell here in Fontana. Waiting for midnight to get hours to roll. Hubby can get a 34 hour restart but I wasn't as fortunate. I love the fact that here they know how to run a team. We get loads before we even get to our receiver. Now we are on our way back to Ohio for Monday.

GRC....I am so sorry for your health issues. I pray everything works out for you. I hope you started filing for SSI benefits. Although I don't know you personally, from reading your posts, Schneider lost a very good driver. (as well as Roehl) Take care and God Bless and stay in touch.

difference-maker and grc56_tn Thank this.
  10. wildshad

wildshad Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Hey JD I see you liked driving in Canada. I'm starting School in 2 weeks and have been looking on this board about different companies to work for and it seems that SNI from what I've been reading looks like a good company. What can you tell me about the difference about driving in Canada and the U.S. The school I'm going to is a pre-approved school for SNI. It doesn't gaurantee a job but it cuts down the orientation from 2 weeks to 4 days. They said that Canada to US are the best runs. I should mention that I'm in Canada and I know that things are a little different here to the U.S.
    I see that you give good advice, information and insight and I really like to hear what you haver to say.

johnday Thanks this.
  11. dasco3

dasco3 Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Powhatan VA
    Johnday gives the best advice

johnday Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.