My Millis Transfer Experience Starting 9/19/11

Discussion in 'Millis' started by GtownWing, Sep 19, 2011.

1. GtownWing

GtownWing Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Ok 1st day of training was pretty much what everyone else has said. For the first 5 hours we did paper work with lunch and breaks thrown in for good measure. After the last of the paper work was done and Bill (Instructor) finished going over all of it with a fine tooth comb we settled in for a power point and a video. Got to talk to a bunch of drivers including Nick who past his company drivers test today. So he will be hitting the road as soon as they can get him a truck.

I guess the streaking around the van while we take turns doing burnouts will start at around 9 tonight and then off for some relaxing bubblebath in the swimming pool...I think 18 boxes is what will be required.....(Just kidding Bill :biggrin_2559:)

Great bunch of folks in the training class. Looks like we will have 6 people @ this training.

P.S.
    Burnt popcorn really smells up the place.:biggrin_25510: ooops Don't use the present on the microwave for the popcorn....Just saying! Also we liked the exercise equipment in the drivers lounge.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GtownWing

Jul 22, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Day 2 of training. Today we went over logs, map reading and trip planning. Watched 2 power point and a video. Great class and our instructor Bill has a lot of real world experience. So class is going good. Tomorrow we start driving the Millis 500. Should be a great day.

4. Bear63

Bear63 Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Northern KY
    Hopefully you're enjoying it so far. Once you get the classroom stuff out of the way it will get easier with a little more fun thrown in. Maybe I will see you guys when I come home next Tuesday if they run me through the terminal.

5. MojoPotatoe

MojoPotatoe Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Fremont,Indiana
    That would be great if you have the opportunity to stop at Trenton. Eating lunch in the drivers room has been alot of fun. Great guys at Millis. Today is the famous "Chicken Wednesday". WOO HOO! :biggrin_255:

6. GtownWing

Jul 22, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Today was the start of us driving the Millis 500. Was a great day driving around working on my shifting. Learned a lot today, plus it was pretty humbling experience. I also got to experience "Chicken Day" @ the Trenton training school. All I can say is that Bill (Trainer) loves his Chicken. :biggrin_2552:

7. MojoPotatoe

Aug 31, 2011
    Fremont,Indiana
    [​IMG]Hey Gtownwi[​IMG]ng taking a[​IMG] turn at one of the training trucks!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  8. Bear63

Bear63 Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Northern KY
    Your left leg will feel like a sore noodle at the end of the day, lol.

9. FinallyTruckin

FinallyTruckin Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Gtown, its great hear your having and learning. I start next month (the 17th). I got all my D O T stuff outta the way I get my temps tomorrow, then I just play the waiting game. Good luck and hopefully we will get to meet in the future. Until then keep the posts comin.

10. FinallyTruckin

FinallyTruckin Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I meant to say its great your having fun and learning.

11. MojoPotatoe

Aug 31, 2011
    Fremont,Indiana
    Here is Gtown,[​IMG] ready to take a few laps at the Millis 500!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.