My new adventure with PTL

Discussion in 'PTL' started by DenaliDad, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Big Ugly

Big Ugly Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2014
    North Carolina
    If I might ask. Who is his trainer? You can PM it if you don't want to post it. I'd just like to know who he got hooked up with.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  4. DenaliDad

Oh, the information about who "owns" APU repairs was made abundantly clear. The interesting thing is what happened yesterday. I got a QC msg about a CSA inspection due and was at a place that seemed like it could do it - that turned out not to be the case - but I was ONE BLOCK from a TK shop; I could even see the building from the truck stop. Being under a load that was not due to be delivered until Monday and being midday Friday, I thought it would be a great time to get the darned thing looked at. My first call was to road service and they said they couldn't do anything about it, that it was a dispatcher thing. The end result was I wasn't allowed to go there

I came to this company because of their APUs and I've been disappointed in their performance so far. That's why I'm willing to spend my own money on being cool...and it's very hot and muggy here already.

5. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    Yep, what is a bit of money to be happy and comfortable. Yes, it would be nice for the company to pay for stuff on the other hand I believe we do not have to join their misery by stooping to their level. I have been home for over a week. On one hand I am freaking out, but when I look at my numbers it is not a big deal. Also my goal was to work less when I bought my truck and trailer. It's all in our heads and life is short.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  6. Big Ugly

Feb 9, 2014
    North Carolina

Yeah that's why I wanted to pass it on you didn't need to involve your FM at all. Just stop at the dealer & have it charged to the national account. If the dealer is in route I wouldn't even bother telling my FM. Just go & get your unit fixed. The canned Mon-Fri trailer & APU status then you just update accordingly.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  7. DenaliDad

Well, I sure wish the Powers That Be would just say that. My first company was like that; 'We only hire adults. We assume you don't need your hand held and are here to answer questions. Here's a fuel card; never run out. If your truck needs something fixed, find a place and get it done. Keep us in the loop.'

If they don't send me to that place in Indy while I'm there, I will find a TK and stay until the bloody bugger is working.

Kropotkin75 Thanks this.
  8. Big Ugly

Feb 9, 2014
    North Carolina
    In Indy you'll just need to see Buck. He won't let you leave until it's fixed to your satisfaction & Mike Mills or David Graham will fuss at him over his ever rising maintenance budget. He gets any truck or trailer fixed no matter how big or small the issue. If you don't see him on the lot when you get there ask the people in the office upstairs & they will call him in for you. He may be out & about somewhere in the city.

9. DenaliDad

Send me a PM with the address if you know it. My delivery point is on the far north side of Indy.

10. Big Ugly

Feb 9, 2014
    North Carolina
    Sent you a convo with lots more info & a tip to help with drop lots.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  11. tsavory

tsavory Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2013
    Paoli, IN
    Hope he didn't get stuck with the trainer I seen kick his trainee out with his fists last week in Effingham.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.