My new career with Superior Carriers begins!

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by rubberducky68, Jun 18, 2012.

1. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    go ahead and look up markham,ill. on the map, and rent you a residence there.lol....that will be your second home....lol...

Cyanide Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing :biggrin_2559:

4. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Well day two is on the books. Great day. Delivered a load this morning to a paint company about 15-20 miles away. Got some training on the e-logs in the process. Took about an hour and a half to pump off the load. Ran the empty tank back to the terminal and dropped it for the tank wash crew. Got more training on how to load and unload a tanker at the yard. It was filled with water for training purposes. Climb up on top of tanker and open hatch, hook up hoses and pump. Then hooked up an air line and finished blowing rest of product out of hoses. Spent the rest of the day doing computer safety training for entry level drivers. Tomorrow we will probably be picking up a load somewhere and taking it back to the yard for the OTR guys to haul. I am sure we will have something to deliver as well. So far so good!

An added note here. I had my first experience today as to what tank surge feels like. It was a lot harder of a jolt than expected. You could definitely mistake it for getting rear ended hard. It will absolutely get your attention!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
    DocBones, TruckDuo and The Challenger Thank this.
  5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    how is the equipment, Duck?

6. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Their equipment is jam up. They don't play when it comes to keeping the trucks and trailers maintained.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  7. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    just a tip, when picking up trailer's from tankwash, be sure you check for missing parts, some tend to walkaway. and carry a cresent wrench in case your hand wheel is missing or falls off in route. your trainer will probably cover all that...good luck.

Cyanide and rubberducky68 Thank this.
  8. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Yep, that's the bad thing about the tank lot being down the street from the terminal. No way to keep an eye on it. Went to pick up and empty the other day it was missing the needed hoses. Someone robbed a couple of them. Will definitely be carrying a small tool kit with me for stuff mentioned. Trainer has also made me aware of it. He has been very helpful so far.

9. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Fairly laid back day today. Picked up and empty tank and took it to the shop as it was reported as having a leak around the hand wheel/ stem area. The mechanics showed me how to change out the packing that was bad. Nothing to it. He fixed that and did a leak test on it and the inner valve. Everything checked out so the trainer and I pulled that empty over to one of our customers. I got a tour of the plant as to where all I would need to go when I deliver or pick up there. Then rode down the street and was showed where the tank wash was located in the same general area.

Rode back to Morrow and hung out a while talking with other drivers that had just come in. Met Henley off of here today. We talked for a good little bit. Good to finally meet you. I have to be back early in the morning to go pick up a pre-loaded tank and bring it back to the yard. Then probably some more safety videos/ computer training.

Found out today I should be going out OTR on Sunday or Monday at latest. I am excited about that. I am even more excited that we stay in a hotel (company paid) during breaks and NO ROOM SHARING!

Stay safe out there everyone.

The Challenger and DocBones Thank this.
  10. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Hose searches will be a regular event once you get out in the system. Always carry at least one 3" and 2 2" hoses on a trailer you will drop in the system even if you know you will not need them. That's why they run short. Driver knows customer uses their hoses because he has delivered there before and is too lazy to throw some on the truck for the next guy.

Also when they issue you your fittings try and get an extra 3"-2" reducer. That way in a pinch you can use 2 inch hoses delivering to a 3 inch customer inlet. 2 inch hoses are much easier to find.

Twicebit and DocBones Thank this.
  11. FIVE-O

FIVE-O Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2012
    daphne, ala
    I'm slated to start processing the first of july waiting for the driver in front of me to finish his Greer training then his cross country solo. like rubberducky68 really excited to get started, and started on a new career. So for I'm really impressed with Superior they don't appear to cut corners and they believe in educating their drivers

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.