My new career with Superior Carriers begins!

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by rubberducky68, Jun 18, 2012.

1. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    if they like lower rpms try lugging the engine down lower before you downshift. and don't tach it as high while downshifting

never drove a maxxxforce though

rubberducky68 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    After the 4th of July, went back to the Morrow terminal on Thursday and left out around noon to pick up a load going to Nashville for a Friday delivery between 7:30am and 1:30pm. Picked up the load and got to Nashville around 8pm. Camped out at the Comfort Inn about 10 miles from the customer. Got up early Friday am and ate breakfast at the hotel and headed over to the customer. We got there early so we had to sit about 20 minutes. When the guy that takes the loads got there he tells us the load is not supposed to be delivered until Monday the 9th. He does not have room in his tanks to take it.

So we call dispatch and tell them what happened. They route us about 10 miles to the same chemical company we picked up at in Georgia. They said they would take our load and put it on one of their day cabs and run it back out on Monday. Since the chem company was not expecting us, we fell at the bottom of their list to get unloaded. We sat there for what seemed like forever before getting unloaded. They finally got us unloaded around 5pm and headed back to Georgia with an empty tank. Got back to the terminal around 10:30pm last night.

Dispatch did not have anything else for us to pick up until Monday so sitting here at the house for the weekend. Will head out Monday to pick up a load in Macon and head to Kingsport TN for delivery.

4. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Welcome to the chemical delivery business. Lots of waiting around and lack of communication on shipper and receivers parts. I once pulled a load or transformer oil from Greensboro up to Maine during a blizzard that hit the Northeast but didn't make it across the mountains. I ran 81 and had no major problems. Get to the Paper mill and call the number on my bills only to be told they moved it back a week. Because of the blizzard the engineers couldn't get flights up there. Worked for me. I got paid loaded both ways.

Another time I pulled a load out to Sun Chemicals in Salt Lake City from Baltimore. It took them 30 hours to unload me. They were blending products and had some sort of production problem or were waiting for some other chemical to arrive. They would back me into a bay, unload part of the tank, and then have me park on the street. They did that 3 times. That's why its a good thing we get paid for wait times. It's easier to put up with crap like that when you know you will get paid for it. I made almost $400 for that delivery in hourly pay. Its OK with Superior too since they are getting paid $35-$40 per hour.

Cyanide Thanks this.
  5. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    It will be nice when I get off the flat rate training pay and can start collecting money for times like these. But no biggy right now. I am just glad to be with Superior and glad I have a great trainer.

6. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Monday morning ran down to Macon and picked up a load going to Kingsport TN. Spent the night in Kingsport and delivered the load. Got done there and hauled butt to Memphis to drop the empty at the terminal. Just made it to the terminal with no time left on the clock. Stayed at the Drury Inn just over the state line in Mississippi Tuesday night. Dang nice hotel let me say and a killer breakfast.

Wednesday bob tail to West Memphis and pick up a load going to Greensboro NC. Made it to Black Mtn. that night and camped out at Super 8. Arrived in Greensboro around noon today and dropped trailer. Picked up a clean tank from the tank wash next door to delivery sight. Pulled it back the to the Wilmington NC terminal and dropped it. Currently taking my 10 hr break at the Days Inn in Wilmington NC.

Will pick up a loaded trailer and head back to Greensboro in the morning, get unloaded and head back to Wilmington. Should be taking a load out of Wilmington Saturday morning and heading back to the Atlanta/Morrow terminal and drop it at the yard for a Tuesday delivery in Doraville GA. Hope that happens so I can have Sunday and Monday off. I can handle that.

Drive safe everyone.

7. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    We probably crossed paths at the Memphis terminal. I was parked either in the far left hand corner( as you drive in the gate) backed into a tight spot or out in the middle of the driveway in the same corner after my brake chamber died Tuesday. I got there around 5 PM local time. I remember seeing 2 loads on the terminal bulletin board going to Greensboro and figured I wouldn't get one. Fortunately they had a third one that I grabbed Thursday and delivered this morning.

8. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I left Kingsport on Tuesday around maybe 1pm. Got to Memphis late that night and dropped and empty trailer on the yard for the tank wash. So it was Wednesday morning when I headed to West Memphis to pick up a loaded trailer going to Greensboro. I guess I got one of those loads. I wish I knew what truck you were in. I would have said hello.

9. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Got back to the Morrow terminal around 1:30 this afternoon. Currently at home for the rest of today, Sunday and Monday. Head back out on Tuesday around 6am. Feels good to be back at the house for a little bit.

10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    truck on Duck!

rubberducky68 Thanks this.
  11. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Crazy week so far. Will try and update tomorrow eve. I will just say New Jersey highways and roads suck! Glad to be gone from that state!

PitchforkedPineapple Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.