My new career with Superior Carriers begins!

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by rubberducky68, Jun 18, 2012.

1. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Tuesday 7/17 morning delivered the load we brought back from Wilmington and delivered in Doraville. Took the empty back to the terminal and grabbed a clean tank and ran it up to Winder. Picked up a clean from the tank wash in Winder and took it back to the terminal. Grabbed another clean and ran to the rail yard in Atlanta and got it loaded for a local driver to deliver on Wednesday. Doesn't this sound like and exciting day?! Spent the night in Morrow in the company hotel.

Wednesday 7/18 left out and picked up a load in Riceboro GA for a Thursday delivery in Herndon VA. Made it to Wilson NC for the night.

Thursday 7/19 left out of NC and got to delivery point around 12:00 noon in Herndon VA. Washington DC traffic SUCKS by the way. It is like Atlanta traffic on steroids. Got unloaded around 1:30pm and was routed to Keasbey NJ to drop the dirty tank. I thought DC was bad. New Jersey bites big time. The roads up there are confusing as heck. I was so glad to get out of that state.

After we dropped the dirty tank at Keasbey we had a pre-plan to pick up a clean tank on Friday a.m. in Pedricktown NJ (new terminal there by the way) and run across the bridge to Pennsylvania to pick up a load going to Gabriel Louisiana. Stay tuned for this one....

Friday 7/20 left hotel in Bordentown NJ and ran about an hour down to our new (relocated) terminal in Pedricktown and grabbed the assigned clean tank. Ran across the Commodore Bridge into PA and got to the shipper. The guy loading tanks looks his paperwork and notices we are suppose to have a rear unloading tank but we pulled in with a center unload. He says the place in Gabriel will not take center unloads. We call the terminal to find out what happened. Due to a "computer glitch" we were assigned the wrong tank. So...one of the head guys at the place makes some calls and sees if he can help us out trying to find a place to send us with a load. He does and we appreciated it but unfortunately it did not get us out of the North as the trainer and I were hoping. Nope, instead we got re-routed to to Markham Illinois for a...Monday 1:30 am delivery.

We were late getting loaded due to the wrong tank fiasco so we finally got rolling towards Illinois. Made it to Richfield Ohio and camped out there for the night.

Saturday 7/21 rolled out of Ohio at 8am and made it to Markham Illinois at 2pm. Dropped the loaded trailer at the yard and ran across the freeway and grabbed a room at the company hotel. I am not getting a warm fuzzy from this area. Will probably stay cooped up in the hotel room for the next 34 hours. Not sure where we will go after delivery Monday. We will have a fresh set of hours then so may stay out next week too.

Stay tuned....

123456 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    You'll get used to ne traffic and learn what times you can scoot through with minimal resistance. (Hint, 8:00 am m-f is not a good time). The first time I went through the cross Bronx expressway I was shaking and sweating. Brooklyn delivery was the absolute most terrifying thing I've done. There was stuff to crash into everywhere.

I've never stayed in the hotel in Markham. I usually stay at the yard and go to hog wild. Driving around Chicago is a breeze compared to ny/nj imo. Drivers there seem to be much more courteous, except for the other truck drivers.

4. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I was definitely sweating bullets in Jersey. I was exhausted mentally by the time I got to the hotel that night. Slept like a baby needless to say. Is Hog Wild that place around the corner from the terminal on 167th street? We passed some place that had bikers hanging out on 167th when we were coming back from dinner. I thought hmmm, I would like to be there right now!

5. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    Hog wild is a restaurant, they have some of the most amazing pork chops, and they are absurdly large. They also have all kinds of other stuff on the menu.

http://originalhogwild.com/

Its on Pulaski Rd. You go west on 6(159th st), cross over I57 and make a right. You can't park a truck in the lot, but if you go past it there is a concrete plant on the same side of the road less than a block away. If you go around 6 or 7 it'll be closed and you can park there. I get mine to go, but since the plant is closed youcould probably eat at the restaurant just as easily.

6. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    We might have a chance to visit it tonight as they don't have a load for us today. Dispatch is trying to get us something for tomorrow. Looks like we will be here today and tonight. I will mention it to my trainer and see if he wants to check it out. Thanks for the info.

7. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Are we having fun yet?! Back down in the south and loving it. Taking a load out of Lake Charles Louisiana to North Carolina for a Saturday delivery. Fingers crossed I should be off my trainers truck after this load. He plans on cutting me loose once we get back home. Looking forward to that. This has been one of those weeks I wish I was getting mileage pay. I would have had a nice little check!

Should be home home Sunday eve and off for a couple of days. I need it :)

wulfman75 and ped Thank this.
  8. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Got home last night around 8:30pm. Called the TM this morning. The local driver has another trainee with him so looks like I will have the rest of the week off before heading to Greer SC for the week long safety training. TM said he may have a truck ready for me this week and if he does he said I could come down and start getting it together. That would be cool.

Other than that, not much else to report. Just relaxing at the house and catching up on some things.

9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    sounds good, Rd.....glad things are working out for you.
    Things are coming along nicely in south GA.....should have it wrapped up and on the road by the end of the month.

Take care....

10. Doublecutter

Doublecutter Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Hey ducky, have you had to put on the rubber suit in these hellishly hot tempertures?

11. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Good to hear Dip. What company are you shooting for?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.