My new truck will be

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Oram, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Oram

Oram Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2012
    WINDSOR, ON, CANADA
    I am sorry to hear your trouble. Let's hope once you shake out the bugs, it will work fine, just like for Penske170 and me. But you are 100% right, it is just ridiculous. They should fly the parts and beg on their knees for your forgiveness. It is a brand new truck for big-big money! C'mon Kenworth, c'mon Cummins! Nobody listen?! Who do you work for?! We are the customer! If I would do my job like this, I would be fired in to time. Sometimes I wonder how comes that the economy is not in much more trouble.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TOSKABG

TOSKABG Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2013
    I agree...

4. Gasienica

Gasienica Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Hopefully this new truck won't bankrupt you. Wheels ain't turnin in the shop unless they running it on a dyno.

5. TULY007

TULY007 Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2013
    USA
    Unbelievable that kw fo not update parts and software at the factory if any available from cummins....I'll try to ask dealer to do it on mine when ill pick it up next week...toskabg do u remember what cooling module fan clutch u have...is horton continuous fan blades run or is borg warner ON/OFF fan hub....
    .what's their answer about the problems? tnx

6. TOSKABG

Mar 4, 2013
    Still waiting for parts for further testing...so far everything looks good, no cloogs no any other issues with aftertreatments parts/maybe cracked part or something like that/...everithing is so brand new...I have feeling something very stupid is reason for all this drama...I have borg warner on/off fan hub...

7. TULY007

Mar 27, 2013
    USA
    Yes man u'll be fine after this scr technology came out in 2010 so all dealers seen trucks already with this sensors related troubles....what u need to have i think for awhile is 1 gal of def in case the def tank sensor fails to read properly and engine will derate , pour def in and u good....this happend in the past with some i know......i have same fan hub i was wondering if the other is better to keep the hot engine ventilated constantly.......but it was my choice on it

8. Oram

Oram Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2012
    WINDSOR, ON, CANADA
    That is a good idea to ask the dealer for update, because they gave out mine without the latest one too. Even after that it threw some codes, but after a couple DEF refill it seems the system corrected itself. Now, I get code only if I run down the DEF level. Even I tried to run down until deration , but after the fill up, everything went back to normal.
    I have the two speed Horton fan, but it does not run continuously....It just does the job as it should be.
    Yesterday I had installed the Indel B battery operated air condition. I had rewired the factory Espar heater to it too, because it shut down already in the middle of the night, because of "low voltage". (12.6 V)
    Oh, I went to the scale with a heavy load. I had half tank DEF, about three quoter fuel. I had 34,200 on the drive axle and 11,900 on the steer, with the fifth wheel all away forward. (An other 34,300 on trailer tandem.) So probably I can forget about the fifth wheel sliding for good.

9. TULY007

Mar 27, 2013
    USA
    Toskabg how did it go ????
    Oram what's the distance from back of cab to front of trl with 5th forward.....i"ll be posting mine when got it....mine beeing WB 232"

Tnx

10. TOSKABG

Mar 4, 2013
    Nightmares...Nightmares...after 427 miles truck is broken again...I am in las vegas now waiting monday for service...again...what a garbage of truck...ridiculous...

11. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Needs C4 , about 3 lbs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.