My new truck will be

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Oram, Feb 13, 2013.

1. TULY007

TULY007 Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2013
    USA
    Amazing how bad u got it toskabg....wish u'llget them all in line, buying i new anything is supossed to be a time of joy and go to work happy for the accomplishment....really sorry

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. deming807

deming807 Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Summit IL
    You never know how truck was assembled.(

4. pupeperson

pupeperson Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2013
    I know this truck is overkill for its original intended application. Estimated wt. per build sheet is 18,935. Ready to go, full of fuel, def, tools and junk probably around 22,000. First life hauling reefer -- light loads -- grossing maybe 65,000 going east and 75,000 back to west. Trying to plan ahead for anticipated mandated electronic logs, where I'll need high average road speeds to maximize miles in available hours. Also for 2nd life. Like you said, except for limitation for on-off road with this suspension, and perhaps a required ring & pinion change for hauling 129,500 road trains that are legal locally, this truck should be able to do anything I ever want it to do or whatever some prospective second buyer would want it to do and then some. It should do it without straining at all, which is what I wanted when I specced it. I ordered it white because during certain times of the year, it'll be working in the desert and a white truck is so much easier to cool. It has all the extra insulation Peterbilt will install for cab and sleeper comfort, so a white truck just makes sense to me. It's also low profile -- blends in with the other half a million or so white trucks out there which is fine with me. I don't care so much how it looks as I do how it performs, and I have some very high expectations in that regard.

Also, regarding the extra fuel capacity, we run a lot of Wyoming in the wind. Heavier componentry, low to the ground, wider axles and lots of fuel weight can be the difference in being able to go or having to stop when hauling light loads. I prefer being able to go. It's also nice to not have to stop to fuel all the time when circumstances may be such that you simply don't have time for it. And, if I need to reduce weight for some odd load I may have, there's nothing that says I have to keep the tanks full. If I had the frame space for it, I'd carry even larger tanks in order to avail myself of pricing differences accross the country.

deming807 Thanks this.
  5. deming807

Jul 31, 2013
    Summit IL
    Pupeperson, does it have xenon lights?

6. pupeperson

Jun 9, 2013
    Yes it does.

7. deming807

Jul 31, 2013
    Summit IL
    Is it really necessary to invite/request an Eaton guy to do that reprogramming? Can't dealership do the same without third party technician help?

8. Boo55

Boo55 Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2013
    Rock Hill, SC
    Better get a good bird dog to go with it. Sounds like you picked a fast one.

9. pupeperson

Jun 9, 2013
    Just 'cuz you got it doesn't mean you have to use it.

10. SamTheMan

SamTheMan Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2013
    This tale of woe regarding this truck just doesn't pass the smell test. This posters only posts are about how bad paccar products. I'm guessing this poster is a creative writer for another manufacturer.

11. deming807

Jul 31, 2013
    Summit IL
    What manufacturer? ) Volvo? Cmon.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.