My return to LTL... with SAIA

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by McUzi, Jun 25, 2020.

1. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    I don't blame you. Once that one cut in the week happens and they put you on nights, you're running nights for the rest of the week.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That, I could handle.

It’s the idea of the run getting axed permanently. We’ve had that happen before not long after one was posted.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  4. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    It could be because if you raise the hood you may not get it shut on them dinosaur's!!

LtlAnonymous, McUzi and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  5. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    So @McUzi ...A year later, was it a good move?

singleaxle, McUzi and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  6. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Was SAIA a good move? At the time it was until the tanker outfit came around. Life threw some curveballs toward my family at the beginning of this year with my then 9m old's malignant brain tumor, and it's continuing to throw curveballs toward us with further consequences of genetic analysis. Simple translation, my son and myself became frequent fliers to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute practically over night, and I'm needing to consider union benefits to lower my long term health care costs. I don't have a cancer diagnosis, but I have an abnormally high risk to malignant cancers that was just discovered. So I'm looking at annual colonoscopy and endoscopy, quarterly MRI, and other tests for the balance of my life. My son will as well once he finishes chemotherapy.

Cardfan89 and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  7. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @McUzi have you consider abf.

LtlAnonymous and McUzi Thank this.
  8. Old_n_gray

Old_n_gray Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    Abf hiring at the Enfield Ct terminal. Signing bonus plus 4 to 5 guys retiring this year.

9. Old_n_gray

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    Good time to get in the door.

10. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    I have. I've been pouring over the ABF contract, Northeast Supplement, this forum and a few other places on ABF information for the last couple of weeks.

I hate changing jobs, I really do. but when I saw a number totaling over $2.5MM for what's been billed to insurance for just my son alone since his brain surgery in January, and then knowing that I'm going to be racing against annual deductibles every year for the rest of my life, I have to consider those facts.

11. Old_n_gray

Apr 9, 2016
    western pa
    Pm me. I will give you info on a supervisor that will talk to you. Nice guy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.