My School is not on the "Approved List" so

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by hal380, Nov 19, 2014.

1. hal380

hal380 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Connecticut
    Good Morning All

I was really hoping that I could sign on with Superior, but turns out that my school is not on the "Approved List" so I will not be considered. I know we all have to live by the rules, even the ones we don't like, so I will move on. I know I can apply after I have experience, but I won't use another company, who gives me a chance, as "Bus Stop". Like John Wayne said in the "Fighting Seabees --- "I'll go home with the one I brought to the dance."

Regards to all

Hal380

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    So, which company will you go with?

4. FuzzFace2

FuzzFace2 Medium Load Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Angier, N.C.
    Hal did talk to them or is that what is said on their web site?
    I ask because it seams from what I have seen posted that what is posted is to get rid of the bad apples right off the top as people say to call them anyway.
    Good luck
    Dave ----

5. hal380

hal380 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Connecticut
    I'm thinking of Schneider as 1st choice and then Prime 2nd. I spoke with their (superior)recruiter and gave my school's information, but since my school doesn't do the 160 hrs they don't qualify. My school is approved by Schneider and many others, but not Superior. I will have over 40 hrs of 1 on 1 in the cab training, then I will test for the CDL-A. Then I want a company which will continue the training "Their Way"

Regards

Hal

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    You should call and speak directly to the terminal manager. I see your location is Connecticut, so that would most likely be Springfield, MA.

Schneider is a good company, but not one that you can retire with. Also you will have to commute to Keasbey NJ as that is the closest tanker terminal for SNBC (unless they have a drop yard for another division nearby you and they let you bobtail there-unlikely).

I moved over to Superior from Schneider and have been very happy. I wouldn't give up until the Terminal Manager says its not possible.

C & C and hal380 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.