my school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by shaman, May 16, 2007.

1. shaman

shaman Bobtail Member

May 14, 2007
    Ga
    Talk about new, well here I am gonna be a trucker! I want to say I am lookin forward to driving as a pro and the school Im attending is just the school to learn to be a pro. The schools name is, " North Metro Technical College" in Acworth Ga. The CDL program is 8 weeks from 8:00 am till 2:00pm five days a week. The 4 instructors each have 30 plus yrs exp @ OTR, dedicated and regional driving for a total of 120 years experience that they are happy to share with others. As a matter of fact the school is rated #1 in the state in "placement @ 98%". still driving 1 yr after graduating 90+%. most with the same Co started with after grad. Over 30 company recruters see the class with presentations during the 8 weeks. When I hear about the 3 week schools I can't imagine knowing all I NEED to know in that length of time. An example I am 3 days into my 3rd week taking log book lessions now and have earned my permit. I would love to be finished early as my ego dictates but I guess I'll soak up all I can for 5 and a half more weeks then jump out on the job market. Oh yeah I'm 58 yr old and simi retired and sick of it. I've started listenin to country and western and lookin for a good CB ta buy. Don't tell me I ain't gonna be a trucker when I grow up!
    later ya'll
    "IF EVERYTHING IS COMIN YOUR WAY, YOUR IN THA WRONG LANE!!!":biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. munrkr

munrkr Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2006
    It sounds like you're doing just fine, and have an excellent attitude. Learn all you can, question all you're not clear on, and even beyond. I am told by the instructors at my school that the one thing employers value most of newbies is backing proficiency. Take every opportunity to back in as many different situations as you can. Personally, I wouldn't cut school short, and you might find that employers would agree, but it's your decission. Good Luck & be safe!:biggrin_2558:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.