My six month experience with CRE, getting my cdl and drivng team otr company driver

Discussion in 'CR England' started by A Bug, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    When I first started driving at CRE in 2008 they were pushing the lease hard. I sat at the SLC terminal for a week waiting for a company truck to open up. Everyday I was waiting I would attend a lease presentation so I could get a free lunch voucher. Eventually I gave in since they had a $500 sign on bonus back then.

When I left CRE in Jan of 2013 my last 6 students all got company spots. Apparently some lawsuit had CRE trying hard to fill company positions instead of leasing. The last two or three students I had said they never sat through a lease presentation since they immediately got offered a company position once they finished phase 2 training.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    It sounds like you had to do the low pay in the beginning. When I first started I did my research and the "starter" company I started with paid a lot better then 30 cpm divided by 2. so really 15cpm. The other half experience? really I guess I got lucky and got paid and the experience was a bonus. I'm pretty sure that pay is the bottom of the trucking companies. I'm not trying to argue with you and if you think that pay is good living wage then we agree to disagree. I'm not bashing CRE either if there's drivers willing to for such a super duper low wage good for CRE.

4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Keep in mind that spilt is for all miles run on a team truck ... so a team truck doing 6k will get you $900 before taxes ... Also when I was there CRE had a mileage bonus ... I was getting between $300 to $800 a month bonus.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not advocating CRE. Like I said earlier, your best chance at having anything near a positive experience is to run company team ... Beyond that you need to be a trainer. A solo, unless you're on a dedicated account, you pretty much are going to be screwed.

5. csandlin

csandlin Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Beaumont, CA
    I'm absolutely disgusted with CR England! I've been driving over 18 yrs , accident free, driver trainer for 7 yrs ( not with CRE). A very close friend decided to get their license thru CR...wish I would've known! Within 17 days got his license.. Out of a class of 68, which didn't give him hardly anytime behind the wheel in school! Next day out with a "trainer". What even qualifies you for a trainer at CR? You didn't leave after 9 mos? This guy had no clue how my friend drove and yet went to "team status" day 1! And went to sleep! Wakes up ######## that he should be further and drives too slow! My friend tried backing up and this trainer can't even help to correct his mistakes! Because he doesn't even know and yet claims he "knows it all". WOW! My friend has called his coordinator and is trying to get out of this truck but they're not working too hard to make this happen... Anyone looking to get properly trained... Go somewhere else!

6. Stile

Stile Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2014

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.