My Superior Journey Begins

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Mortarmaggot, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Thought I delivered in the morning but I should've looked at the date. It's Wed morning. Will roll to High Point and let them know I'm available with a lot of clock in the morning.

If they need me, they can get a local driver to deliver this load and ship me out with a new load tomorrow. If not, apparently I get another day of layover pay.

This trucking thing ain't so bad.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    scythe08 and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    I just sat for 3.5 days and made $150 For all of it....

4. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    How in the world? That's just sad. Sorry. What terminal is treating you like that?

5. lagging

lagging Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    :(
    You say that until you go to Cincinnati and markham in the same week. I hate baby sitting a truck

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  6. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    At least there is something for sitting. However, I agree, it's far better for the bank account and the spirit to not babysit a truck.

7. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    I'm not with Superior......yet. I'm still at my old company

8. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Dropped the trailer in High Point and was sent to deliver to a coal mine in Center City KY. That took a while. It was some thick silicone type stuff.

Got direct to Cincinnati again. They had me drop the dirty and grab a clean enroute. Got sent a pick up and then delivery to Raeford, NC. That had me stoked. Was looking forward to having a breakfast with the wife and kids.

Well, as things go, got new travel orders to Winder, GA. Luckily I wait until I'm loaded before letting the family know where I'm headed. Maybe next time.

Loading and rolling in the late morn.

I've done a little under 1,000 loaded and just over 200 empty in the first 3 days of this pay period. Some accessory stuff, 2 extra unloading hours, and started the week with 5.5 hrs of layover paid on the clock for this week's pay sheet. I've only done one load and one unload so far. Should be a good payday next Friday.

I fall to the mercy of our ATL terminal Friday night. I've gotten mixed reviews about that place. Then again, that's about everywhere, except Pacadena, TX.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  9. lagging

lagging Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    Atlanta you’ll probably load right after you deliver in winder that’s how they always do me but it’s normally headed to markham or Cincinatti. I just made it to the house doing my ten

10. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    I loaded out if Stepan on my mini system run. The Twisted Sisters sent me right back to Carolina. My unload time is 2300 Friday night. Not a fan of that.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    scythe08 Thanks this.
  11. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Turns out I'll get a 10 hr layover pay on this run due to the late delivery. Not so bad then. Will be chilling at the 360 Flying J in GA tonight. Dennys it is.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.