My Superior Journey Begins

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Mortarmaggot, Aug 23, 2017.

1. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Your big company door slamming background is showing.

I take a piece of notebook paper and write down any hours I expect to be paid for and turn it into high point dispatch. No qualcom. Not every terminal will pay this but High Point will

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    funny...where have I been 'big company door slamming' at? hmmmm sure I started in General Freight....it got me into the 'industry'....but I also had alot of pretty bad/rough times there, way more than here. hmmmm wonder who you've been talking to on here....maybe that's showing?

4. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    It was a joke. Didnt mean to offend but I am a moderator. I know things.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    The sheet I'm referring to is terminal specific. At ours, we, the company drivers, have a pay sheet to fill out and submit each week. We log loading and unloading delays, breakdown, and our sleeper birth nights as examples.

6. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I find that if you put yourself in the payroll persons shoes and make it as easy as possible for them you are more likely to get positive results. Every week they have to log that hourly pay into the system not just for you but every driver.

They need the travel order number so I always write that first. Next comes a description of what they are paying me for, the date and a total so they don’t have to do any math. Works so far.

7. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    look...I didn't get 'the joke' but asked Mack about it....and like I thought...he was pissed about that(part of your job, getting stuck in traffic)....what you speak of is a 'TRAVEL ORDER'...say it again (Black) Mac(hardest trainer in HP...ugh! GUY SUCKS...had more failures than a limp #####. haha) Why am I be 'hounded' by co-drivers about being a 'trainer' lately? Anyhows, you can not write off getting stuck in traffic as 'layover'. to quote you, you said it was 'ONLY' High Point...yet this other dude, Mortar says he gets it too...and from Wilmywood(Wilmington)....play a better game than what you are playing dude! I'm not as dumb as you think I look!

8. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    ok...what I posted makes no sense...but alot is on my mind...getting stuck in traffic is PART OF THE JOB....as Casa and mac BOTH pointed out, you don't get layover for that. Mac wanted to know who told me this....but I didn't tell him

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  9. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017

We only get it for major delays caused by accidents and such, not slow traffic like rush hour. Just to clarify when I've been allowed to claim it a few times.

10. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Geez man. Just write it down and turn it in. Don't ask about it.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.