My Superior Journey Begins

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Mortarmaggot, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Got the itinerary for Greer. Looks like a fairly easy week of classroom safety training. We get out at 4 PM next Friday. I guess that's to help with travel back home. Business casual is the dress code, and no shorts or open toed shoes. I've already been brief on that by my home terminal.

I'm still enjoying Myrtle Beach with my family. Taking the Kids to race go Karts this afternoon and then to the Pirate show tonight. We ate at 21 last night. The best pork chop and steaks in town.

wsyrob and Xeres63 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wyvren

Wyvren Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Quick question Will they consider new dark blue jeans with collared shirts as "business casual" ?? Dress pants and button down shirts seem like over kill.

4. lagging

lagging Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    Yes

Wyvren Thanks this.
  5. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    I was told clean jeans with no holes is acceptable. A collared shirt is fine, but having seen photos of graduating groups on FB, collars are optional too. I'll wear collared.

No competition gear should go without saying. Schneider hats, Dana t-shirt etc would be easy enough to avoid.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  6. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    It's a 4 hour and 15 minute drive, so I'll head out around 4 today. I'll be ready for a good night's sleep shortly after check in.

scythe08 and slim shady Thank this.
  7. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    First day was introductions, OSHA, rollover prevention and awareness and a few other classes.

Got a good group of drivers in training. We all ate lunch together today and tomorrow night we're going to Lil Piggys BBQ.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  8. Latinstartrucker

Latinstartrucker Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2017
    New york
    Does anyone know if they train or are hiring out of the New Jersey terminal? Any info

9. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    They are looking for drivers everywhere in Superior.

10. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    If training you to get a CDL is what you meant, then no. Having CDL with tank and Hazmat endorsement is required before they'll even consider you. TWIC is also a requirement.

They will train you to do things the Superior way. They will train you to pull a tank. They will train you on the safe transport of HAZMAT. They will train you to safely load and unload HAZMAT. They will train you to drive using the Smith System.

You will be treated like family the day you walk thru the door as a new hire. You will be called by your name and they will look you in the eye when they shake your hand. They won't blow sunshine up your backside either. If you need to be home, just let them know and you'll get home. Having a life work balance isn't lip service. That's been my experience over the last month.

11. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Training in Greer is done. I feel so much better about tanks and the job after this last week. My education on HAZMAT and policy has more than doubled. The instructors did a great job making the material entertaining.

The classmates where great too. The 10 of us all exchanged numbers and will remain in touch. Another member of this forum, not Genx, was in class with me. He isn't very active here, but they guy was a hoot. It was great meeting him.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.