My Swift Experience

Discussion in 'Swift' started by FireDog, Mar 3, 2008.

1. FireDog

FireDog Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Roscoe, IL
    I went (or should say, tried to go) with Swift last year. I went to the Millington TN class.
    I made it though all their training and passed all the tests.
    I had to go home for a week after it was all said and done.
    I never got a date or confirmation number from who ever was supposed to give it to me. I think it was supposed to be my recruiter.
    I ctried calling several times and left several messages but no one got back to me untill a bout 2 weeks later.
    I was then told that if I wanted to work for the company I would have to go through all but the classroom training again.
    And that I would have pay to go through it all again.
    Needless to say, I didnt go back with them, and I am now considering going with P.A.M. transportation.

I would say to anyone here who is thinking about going with them to do ALOT of research before making ANY kind of decision. And definatly do NOT go with Werner, but thats in a different thread.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. t2000isx

t2000isx Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2008
    North Charleston, SC
    that was your mistake.

after you finish with a driver mentor it is the Trainee DM to assign you to a terminal team, who therein assigns you to a DM, who then assigns you to a truck.

If you did the training and just left to take your time off, its your fault for not getting this taken care of. When you left you were just a student needing a truck. You left and this put you on a list waiting for a truck. You never signed up for one. Therefore, they assumed you weren't coming back.

Im calling laziness on this one, not Swifts fault but your own. No one is going to do anything for you in this world, its your responsibility to make sure your affairs are in order.

Just my opinion.

Brad

4. FireDog

FireDog Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Roscoe, IL
    I had to leave for a week to get some sort of residency requirement... I never got ANY response from anyone for 2 weeks.
    NOT my fault. I did everything I was supposed to do.

5. SCUBA_Guy

SCUBA_Guy Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Richland, WA
    I've heard that before with other drivers. They've done the right thing and aren't told what to do to get a truck, or in a case like this, they are too far from the terminal to drive back just to slap somebody upside the head to get an answer and they end up getting the shaft. Sorry to hear that. Working now? Hope so. BTW: Your baby is beautiful.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.