My Tenure is Over

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by MGE Dawn, Sep 18, 2019.

1. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    I would stop worrying about how Swift did you wrong and focuse on how to do yourself and the next company better.
    Ongoing pity party about how bad Swift is may be music to the ears, but does you little good at this point.

Bud A., Oxbow, FlaSwampRat and 5 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    U have reefer experience right. I know u dont wanna do otr . but check out dynamic transit they will put u in a 389 pete. They .55 cents per mile if u get ur hazmat endorsement i believe.. Theres got to be alot of companies that will hire u . but if u limit urself to just local jobs or regional it will be tough to find something. Otr aint really that bad if u find the right company. Im thinking u just had a bad experience because of swift .but i would give her another shot if i were you

4. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Honestly, at this point, I think my 2 biggest hurdles are only having 8 months of experience and only being 21 going on 22 years old. At this rate, I might have to step out of the industry for a while and try again later

FlaSwampRat and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  5. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    How does he get trucking companies to pay the price of insuring his loss run?

Oxbow and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  6. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    If you plan on coming back into trucking later, a lot of companies might want like 1 year experience in the past 3 years or something similar. You'll just be kicking the can down the road to deal with the same issues later. There should be plenty of companies out there willing to hire you.

7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Education is a beautiful thing.

You won’t see me pick on a driver just because he works for a POS company...he might just be a pretty decent hand...but most companies have definitely earned their reputation.

8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    The only problem with that. Is if ur out long enough they will want to retrain u all over again. Dont let swift ruin ur vision of a good career. U can make good money out here, just got to get passed the first couple bumps in the road. All of us have been through hurdles the first year or so , but i promise it gets better

9. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Im really not sure. His last 2 local outfit history is all that has surfaced so far. I suspect he is not from our area and probably just moves from 1099 to 1099. I can say he has some sort of razzle dazzle appeal that seems to dupe a certain crowd, of which i am not susceptible. I am on some completely bald drives, have fixed my truck so many times. Yesterday i was assigned to saving someone elses butt at a major expense to me alone. Ive not tapped one thing with my truck, never been towed or ticketed.

The cowboy has done well over $5k of damage in 3 months and my boss has him in our nicest truck and routinely sends him to the chrome shop and truck wash. His rubber is all new.. And he ran one flat and wrecked it last week. No repurcussions.

If anyone can explain that i am all ears. If he was some young babe id get it but hes a liver spotted old D bag covered in turquoise jewelry. His previous employers want to whip him. My boss was warned and went ahead with him anyway and got same result. But still praises him, which i find personally insulting to me. Its a stumper.

Bud A., Oxbow and rank Thank this.
  10. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    But then again.. My 70 yr old horrible looking aunt thinks she is in an online relationship with kenny chesney sooo..

11. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    You could always try spanking the boss. Maybe that's how the cowboy stays in good standing.

FoolsErrand and rank Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.