My Tenure is Over

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by MGE Dawn, Sep 18, 2019.

1. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Youre pretty good at discrediting, but i had no idea about your wizard powers. To know that a stranger in another truck forgot his cruise or jake was on is impressive. I bow out of this one, ive got a zebra to catch.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    RE: the tire, aye. I came to the vandal conclusion when it was a single tire that was completely deflated (to 0 pressure from 110 lbs) overnight, and when reinflated, it held all the air. Right up until the day that truck was no longer my home on the road, in fact. The vandal theory fit Occam's Razor: it was the simplest.

RE: the couple mistakes, aye. I did in fact accrue a couple of minor crashes when I was so green it hurt. I've learned from them and not come close to repeating them since.

RE: the CMS engaging the brakes while not under cruise, I have no reason to ######## about that, and even if I did, I'm not that kind of person. I'm an honest man that asks only for honesty in return... and also a decent paycheck for my work, but that's another story for another day.

RE: being fired... I'm not going to comment on an impending lawsuit. All I'll say is that my lawyer thinks there were other, less legal reasons I was fired, and we plan to challenge that in court.

But hey, call me a yellow-bellied liar if that helps your feelings. It's patently false, but you're entitled to have your factually incorrect opinion

FlaSwampRat and T.Rucker Thank this.
  4. T.Rucker

T.Rucker Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Here and there…
    I drive a truck with that on guard junk lol. I never use the cruise, but I have had the brakes come on when it thought I was going to hit a highway sign or low bridge on the interstate. Just wanted to add my story to what you said @MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Thanks this.
  5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Not a wizard. I am not a doctor either, but if someone told me they got dengue fever from bug bites while vacationing in Quatico National Park I will be skeptical.

They may have gotten sick, but it is highly unlikely it is dengue fever.

If it is dengue fever, they caught it from someone else, not the local bugs.

For example:

A driver pulls into the yard with the door frame of his trailer hanging loose. The driver says he didn't hit anything and he followed the company specific directions into and out of the customer. The driver was able to pen and close the doors at the customer when he unloaded, so we know the damaged happened after he left the customer and before getting to the yard.

If we input the GPS coordinates of the last place the driver set his brakes as the start, and the yard as the end, the route has no bridges except on the interstate.

If we check the trucks polling data we see that he did not follow the company route. He missed a turn and hit reroute. The new route has a 13'7 bridge and is 25 mph. Driver's speed track had him doing 45 mph.

The driver fully believed that his statements were the truth. His understanding of the truth was different from the telemetrics provided by the truck. Do I believe the telemetrics 100%? Of course not. I will look at all the data and come up with my own understanding of reality.

For this scenario I have a driver's statement on one hand. On the other I have technical documents from the manufacturer, statements from people I know and trust who have done strenuous testing, and my own personal experience. The weight of evidence suggests the driver is mistaken.

Didn't call you a liar, I said you were wrong.

You can tell me all day long that 2+2=9, but I will not believe it without substantiation.

53_cards.png

rank Thanks this.
  6. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Clip clop clip clop clip clop...

Sorry.. My zebra had a cruise control malfunction.

:p

7. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    I never use cruise. The Meritor system will absolutely lock em up if it detects a sneaky overpass shadow it thinks it's going to have a collision with. It also apparently likes big metal road signs. Thankfully there isn't many of those.

MGE Dawn, T.Rucker and FoolsErrand Thank this.
  8. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    NOW, NOW, surely they would not build something that could possibly work like that. lol

MGE Dawn, sealevel and FoolsErrand Thank this.
  9. MGE Dawn

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Either you're calling me a liar, or you're putting words in my mouth. Regardless, I think I'm done here. It's clear that you refuse to accept the truth at face value, and I'm not going to continue playing chess with a pigeon like this. It's almost to the point of me being slandered. Good day

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  10. midgetripples

midgetripples Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2018
    you will never win a lawsuit with swift lmao the crashes alone are probable cause for them to fire you add that up with up with your pattern of careless driving as proven by video footage, i drive for swift and i got one following to close when i got cut off by 2 cars in a row i talked to my driver leader about it and he removed it because it was clear there was not a single thing i could have done to prevent it, you get a following too close if you are less then 1 second from the vehicle in front of you for more then a couple of seconds with no indication that you are slowing down to fix that issue, the only thing you are doing by suing swift is wasting alot of your money and your lawyer knows that.

11. MGE Dawn

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Again, not going to comment on a pending lawsuit. Not even to address your AMAZING vote of confidence /s

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.