My time at CR England's CDL School & 9 month experience / review

Discussion in 'CR England' started by TexasBoy, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Moving Forward

Moving Forward Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2014
    New England, USA
    Are you the only student in the truck, or is there also another trainee? My Phase-1 experience had three of us in the truck, and that was just a bit too small of a space for three adult men. Good luck to ya and be careful out on the 10% grades out in the Rockies.

TexasBoy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TexasBoy

TexasBoy Light Load Member

May 27, 2015
    Thomas The Trucker
    Hey fellas I'm back! Ha , man this thread is on fire lol

Anyways I finally finished my 180 hours. Was supposed to be done last week but my trainers truck kept on #&%*ing up. Had a loose air line, a hose got broke and now something else is wrong after he dropped me off. Saying that the CRE techs messed up his truck cause there's no way anything could mess up the hose the way it did, it was metal..

Anyways I'm in Salt Lake till the next few days I think, waiting on getting a team driver and doing my 6 months. Schnieder called me back on an app from a while ago. But I don't think they'll work with me cause that dang contract. I'll find out tomorrow though.

Other than that everything was good, comfortable with driving and all that and actually got to see my sister that I haven't seen in 15 years due to me being stuck in Nebraska yesterday so that was great. I've yet to hear one good thing about CRE from the drivers on the road by the way. If anyone is looking to get into the industry I would say find some place else if you can. As thousands of others will tell you.. as for me it was my only choice based on my situation at home so I'm SOL lol...

4. TexasBoy

May 27, 2015
    Thomas The Trucker
    It was only me and my trainer until 4 days ago, he picked up the next trainee and it was a little crowded but we worked with it. And yeah those grades are a pain but I like a good challenge :thumbleft:

Moving Forward Thanks this.
  5. TexasBoy

May 27, 2015
    Thomas The Trucker
    It's not as bad as you think. But it does get boring. Independence feels good, no showers is fine. But then again, I was Army, you were Navy haha just kidding. But no it's not that bad. I haven't hit the bottle piss ing phase yet lol I usually stop at an exit on ramp if I have to go bad enough. We drive a Freightliner, the seats aren't the best but nothing that'll get to you.. if you have a bad back though it might take some time to get used to. Advil helped out a bit.

The Mariachi Thanks this.
  6. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    Just got back to salt lake terminal so far 3 weeks out with my teammate. A guy from my class got hired at Schneider, some went to swift another went Melton. This is after getting cdl. I'll be calling some companies when I go home to switch cdl over. Not digging this forced team phase, and my teammate doesn't know anything so its like I'm training at the same time. They will also send you on solo runs as a team. The pay sucks. Got lucky today, finished at 1500 mile run that wasn't due until the 7th but the shipper took it early. You'll get loads like that and the shipper doesn't take it early so you sit a day or two waiting smh.

7. The Professional One

The Professional One Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2015
    TexasBoy...Where are you? I've been following this thread and have noticed you have been missing for over a month now. Is the team driving phase that busy? Give us an update, amigo.

TexasBoy and Vilhiem Thank this.
  8. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    ...they know!

C.R.E. Has been keeping him extra busy to keep him from posting!

...though that could be a good thing.

TexasBoy Thanks this.
  9. The Professional One

The Professional One Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2015
    Ha!!!!

10. Lennyn6st

Lennyn6st Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2015
    New York
    Very helpful, wish me luck.

11. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    How is it going Texas Boy?

TexasBoy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.