My time at CR England's CDL School & 9 month experience / review

Discussion in 'CR England' started by TexasBoy, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    If my plans were to stay with Sni, I'd be considering signing with them for what you're doing. Wouldn't mind keeping the same account even, I know there's a few guys that do that.

I now know, honestly it is based on their policies and how they've misinterpreted some of what the fmcsa has said, that at the least I do not wish to stay with them. At most, I'll do something different entirely.

I may make a post about it all later, but right now I'm trying to decide my best course of action and get all my ducks in a row. After I've moved to my own home challenger out of Ontario looks good as well as a few others.

If I had the resources to do so, there's quite a bit (not just from Sni) that I would fight. No job is perfect, I understand that.

But that whole thing is another topic for another day. This is about C.R. England and a new driver for them. :p

TexasBoy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TexasBoy

TexasBoy Light Load Member

May 27, 2015
    Thomas The Trucker
    Lol conversation is good though. Gives us new people things to think about.

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  4. Night Prowler

Night Prowler Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    subscribed ! now ill go back to the beginning an actually read it. Good Luck TB !

TexasBoy and Vilhiem Thank this.
  5. CougFan

CougFan Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Wow, small world, Garland DPS is where I got my CDL too, only for Stevens. When you get your full CDL, use your down time to get your Tanker and Doubles while you are waiting for everyone else. I did that and it scared the hell out of my teacher that I was going to walk on the spot.

If they give you any crap for that tell em take a long walk off a short pier.

TexasBoy Thanks this.
  6. TexasBoy

May 27, 2015
    Thomas The Trucker
    Sorry for the late update.

This one is for yesterday.

June 4th 2015:

So today they sent all the other people that needed to retake the test to the same DMV in Garland. What do ya know.. Not only did I pass the combo test for my permit, but I passed the other 3 with flying colors first try :)

Hard work definately paid off these past few days! As for others it was their last time.. some passed the ones that they needes, and some guys & girls were sent home. Can't really get a good count of how many people are in the class now because tests are still going on but for the people that were done with the test, they sent us back to the school to wait for the bus drivers to take us to the motel.

By the way, there seems to be some sort of lack of communication from the bus drivers here.. for the past 2 days there has been over 40 people waiting inside a blazing hot bus for at least an hour and a half just for a bus driver to take us back.. supposedly CR England is cutting pay for their bus drivers (so I've heard), so one driver took it on him selves to make the students feel like ####. Oh well, only 2 weeks more to go and we hit the roads.

Puppage Thanks this.
  7. TexasBoy

May 27, 2015
    Thomas The Trucker
    Thanks @Night Prowler :thumbright: I appreciate it man!

8. TexasBoy

May 27, 2015
    Thomas The Trucker
    Sure is a small world lol I actually saw a few Stevens guys in there yesterday. Hey that sounds like a good idea @CougFan .. Forreal though. Would give me a big advantage out there

CougFan Thanks this.
  9. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Oh my god! A late post?!

Geez... Getting off on a horrible foot aren't we?! Nothing can be late in this industry! For any reason! :eek:

...EVER!

How will we cope...it's late... I may need to see my therapist over this. Maybe you've heard of him? Dr Cohol? First name is Al? ;)

(Glad you passed. The written part was easy, but I also failed one part when I took mine. Can't recall which one...)

TexasBoy Thanks this.
  10. TexasBoy

May 27, 2015
    Thomas The Trucker
    Hey I know that guy, real humble dude haha
    :occasion5:

Yeah man I studied my ### off for those last four test the night before. Was up till like 3am memorizing all the questions. Was a pain in the ### but worth it

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  11. TexasBoy

May 27, 2015
    Thomas The Trucker
    June 5th 2015:

So today they had us go to the backing range where we learned how to do a proper pre-inspection & how to do straight line backing..drive a truck forward and straight back into parking lanes.

The day consisted of that mostly, and just sitting while waiting for my turn to hop in the truck as we were doing rotations between backing every 3 times.

Also, for the people that went to the DMV and didn't pass the tests today, they have to try again next Wednesday. . So they pretty much get to relax all weekend and half the week without having to do anything except study.

Out of the 37 people that started class on the 1st, only about 12 of us made it to the range. We also lost about 15 people in the process as well from testing, paperwork, etc..

The rest of the people that have to wait for the DMV tests will have to start up with another class once they pass.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.