My time at CR England's CDL School & 9 month experience / review

Discussion in 'CR England' started by TexasBoy, Jun 3, 2015.

1. CougFan

CougFan Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2012
    That level of attrition is pretty normal. At stevens we startout out with 34 or so, and 12 of us made it to the end.

TexasBoy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Night Prowler

Night Prowler Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    less students = more truck time, Hopefully !

TexasBoy Thanks this.
  4. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    getting cut by C.R. England is like getting rejected by a huge ugly chick that was supposed to be your easy lay.
    Can't get much worse than that :laughing8:

joseph1135, Vilhiem and TexasBoy Thank this.
  5. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    I just started today at salt lake city terminal. Paper work day so far so good. Can confirm the dorms here are not bug infested and are clean per some reports. I guess different locations may vary. 65 in this class, I'll report on how many is left by end of week. Some already forgetting paper work waiting to be faxed etc. Also some already questioning the hair test, certain things on the app. I predict quite a few will be gone soon lol stay tuned.

TexasBoy Thanks this.
  6. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    You could always get cut by Werner or swift! :D

7. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    That's not as bad as England.

Werner offered me .26 out of school nearly two years ago.
    England starts you at .25 with 6 months experience today.
    Can't get much worse than that.

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  8. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    I tried prime, celadon, stevens, and rhoel. Swift said I was out of hiring area. Same day I called England, I got a ticket I can't complain. Used to have a cdl years ago but was offered nice paying job back home non cdl related and didn't keep up with my med cert so got downgraded and have to go thru it again. Company went down and been unemployed for the last 3 months doing odd work to get by. England is better than nothing right now for my situation. I care more for the experience than the pay. Getting my 6 months then bolting to sni lease. I suggest all who go to cre to do the same. Get your experience then scram.

9. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    And I don't know why the others didn't take me, DAC is clean, MVR clean, no points. Previous driving experience just not recent you think I would be a prime candidate for any school. Oh well here now. Making the best of it, 6 months and I'm out.

10. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    Having a blast acting like I don't know anything, but if they only knew lol its like a math professor signing up for a algebra class.

11. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    There's nothing wrong with that, if nobody else will give you a chance you just gotta go with that you can do to get started.
    Schneider requires one year OTR experience to do their lease. 6 months experience only if your OTR experience has been with Schneider.
    When I started out I had to go to a low paying company myself but once I got 6 months experience I bolted to Crete.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.