My time with CR England as a lease operator.

Discussion in 'CR England' started by Infomad, Oct 11, 2012.

1. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    "While CRE is a shifty company that works to make money off of its own employees. A great many of the failed employees should never have been hired to begin with"Your last sentence is a gem!! They are not breaking any laws, but CRE, and some other companies allowing students to lease fresh out of training without proving theirselves is just plain wrong!
    I have a question for you. What is the difference between a phaseI, and a phaseII trainer?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infomad

Infomad Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    A phase one trainer gets the student as soon as they are done with the school and usually for a period of 30 days. Usually 18 to 21 days after they arrive at the school.
    A phase two trainer gets the phase 2 students after they return from the being with a phase 1 for 30 days and have went through a upgrade process to a phase 2 student. Which the upgrade process is basically making sure that they were taught correctly by the phase 1 trainer. There is a few test and a driving evaluation and backing test. The phase 2 trainer is supposed to talk you into leasing and he gets a bonus of 400 if you do. But most phase 2 are not making a profit and thus are quite disgruntled and don't recommend leasing. The student on a phase 2 truck gets paid no matter if it puts the trainer into the hole or not.

You need six months experience to become a phase 1 trainer, and it takes a 5 day course where you learn how to explain to students how do do everything.
    A phase 2 trainer totally different. Phase 2 trainers are not allowed to have more than 6 months experience. At your six month mark they will no longer assign you students. You have to go to the phase 1 trainer class and begin teaching phase 1 students.

A phase 1 teacher can make a profit. But for a phase 2 teacher it is much harder to make a profit. A phase one pays aprox. 261 per week for a student. While the phase 2 trainer has to pay the student by the mile. .12 if I recall correctly. The problem is the phase 2 trainer could be brand new. Having just gotten done training and leased a truck. They are not gonna give him the miles he needs because basically he hasn't earned any trust.

This was how it was a few months ago. I had heard that they were going to remove phase 2 and make phase one 45 to 60 days. But from what I heard from a friend, that still works there, is that all they did was start letting students skip phase 2 if they leased.

4. sdlm

sdlm Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    All you need to know is this, CRE operates 5 schools: burns harbour, Richmond, Dallas, slc, and Mira loma. Each one gets between 50-100 students a week. On a low end that would be 13,000 students a year, and the company only has 7,900 trucks last I heard.

Think how much they depend on a failure rate...it is mind boggling.

That being said I am probably gonna stick around for at least 6 more months, unless I get a great offer locally, I like my dedicated route, I would like more than .38 a mile though.

5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Thier just changing names .. Phase II is now called Career Enhancment or some such. Phase I is going to potentially be less time. It's a set amount of mles to the truck, around 15,000, which if you can run the team right could be less than 3 weeks.

6. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    they look at it as they are giving these "bums" a way to make some money, not a lot of money

as far as the charges go, its like everything else around us, our governments raise taxes, tolls, fines, even though they know the population is not making any more money

its called maximizing profits and income, a fancy way of stealing someone's last dime and calling it good business

7. frog2011

frog2011 Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2012
    indiana
    i started out with CRE and i only did it bc at the time my then husband worked there and we were gonna team. i was warned not to go there but i did it anyways but it wasnt until i actually got in there that i realized how ridiculous it was. everything the first guy on here said is true and i went through there training program too. the whole thing was a nightmare, but i got lucky and made some friends learned a lot from them and saw some awesome things.

8. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    I think 2900 trucks but not sure

9. sdlm

sdlm Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Also, something interesting to note, when you do your upgrade from phase 2 to a first seat driver, Horizon has to sign the document that you went and seen them, when I told them I was already lined up for a dedicated route and I wanted to be home weekly as my route is, she didn't actually try to sell me on the lease at all. All she said was, if leasing becomes compatible with your goals let me know.

I find that sort of odd looking back on it, some people seemed to have lots of pressure on them to lease or train bit not me. I got 2 QC messages saying I qualified for the trainer class and that they would pay me to take it, I never responded and they stopped asking.

Do solo lease drivers get hounded into training, or starved into it I wonder?

10. frog2011

frog2011 Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2012
    indiana
    more like starved into you cant make it solo leasing i tried it and quit after 2mnths for several reasons but my average check a wk literally was 20 dollars i got lucky enough to break even but made no money. their lease program really isnt designed for a solo person

11. Snowlyon

Snowlyon Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Surry, Maine
    Both.

I got hounded about it, but I told my DM that under no circumstances would I become a trainer. I ran solo and my girlfriend and my dog road with me. It was my home and I didn't want some person I didn't know in my truck. Since I would not train, they starved me for miles until Horizon cancelled my contract because I was so far behind. My last week I ran 3400 miles! It was awesome! I was getting excited that all my begging for more miles had finally worked and things were turning around. Then I spent a whole weekend sitting at a TS trying to get a load and being ignored by everyone. Finally found out that I had to go to Burns Harbor to turn in my truck. Then had to figure out how to get us 1200 miles home with no money.

They want you to train. If you don't they WILL get rid of you. They make it sound so good and show you lots of good numbers, but its all smoke and mirrors.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.