My trainer decided to take his home time

Discussion in 'PAM' started by Sea0fgreen, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Sea0fgreen

Sea0fgreen Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Rural USA
    Edit: its not really that much of a pain being here. Its cheaper than eating at truckstops. Id still be in the truck either way. And im a student and im geting paid a fixed weekly rate. At least im pretty sure im gonna be paid even for sitting here. I better be lol. What bothers me is that i could have done been upgraded by now and chillen at home. And the boredom is intense.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckersmooth

Truckersmooth Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Hope you get a better trainer soon.. whats the point of being out if you're not learning anything? I totally get what your saying about it's not that bad but you'd probably rather be hitten asphalt rather then sitting all week

4. gravelhauler

gravelhauler Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Lake Charles, La
    You're at a Georgia Wal Mart???!!! I bet you could get some killers pictures for the People Of Wal Mart website. :biggrin_25523:

Hammer166 and catahoula Thank this.
  5. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Whats your trainer got in experience? Three months? This clown won't last long. He will be back flippin' burgers in no time.

6. Mommas_money_maker

Mommas_money_maker Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    North Carolina
    Oh man, I finally stopped laughing long enough for me to post something. Ok here goes. First, obviously this is a good lesson in how not to be a trainer or a truck driver. Second, NEVER put up with any kind of BS like this from anyone. If your company is any good at all they will fire the trainer and get you a motel. Third, Im assuming you are under a load so it has to have some time frame of when its going to be delivered so make sure this doesnt go on your record with the company. You always call the company and give them a heads up for any delays/time off/accidents/breakdowns/stupid BS like this. Fourth, dont trust anyone but yourself. Trying to think of anything else that I missed but hopefully others will have some good input for ya.

Sea0fgreen Thanks this.
  7. Sea0fgreen

Sea0fgreen Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Rural USA
    No we dropped our last load in chattanooga. Got an empty trailer. The company knew his mom was sick so they were cool about him coming home for a bit.

Its my own #### fault for sitten here so long, shoulda called 2 days ago at least. But I hate ''telling'' on someone lol.

8. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    If you don't learn to look out for yourself, you won't last long.

Hanadarko, Sea0fgreen and airforcetoo Thank this.
  9. mtnMoma

mtnMoma Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    Wow SeaOfgreen...you have more patience than me! I would have complained days ago! It seems you haven't spoken to the right person at the company just yet! I would not get off the phone with them until they give you a reasonable time for some other trainer to come get you, or pay for a hotel for until another trainer is available. They are setting you back at least a week to you getting on the road and making some real money...totally rediculous!

10. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    The trainer even tells him to park at the fuel island and take a shower. That guy is a joke for sure. Don't pick up his bad habits.

Your best bet is to go to that Pilot in the morning. That's when everyone leaves. Then you can get a shower.

ORT WIFE, mtnMoma and Hanadarko Thank this.
  11. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Did you happen to notice,

are their flip flops on sale this week ??

If so, how much were they.

Thanks !!!

:biggrin_25519:

catahoula, Injun and mtnMoma Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.