My truck has no radio

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Texas_hwy_287, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Good excuse to buy yourself a good Bluetooth speaker and play radio or whatever off your phone.
    I was doing that for a few weeks when my radio started going haywire until truck went in for service and they popped a new radio in.
    I'm not much of a fan of terrestrial radio so my phone is usually connected to stereo in truck playing Ituner/Spotify/Accuradio

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteveBausch

SteveBausch Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    If your phone plan has unlimited data, go to a dollar store and buy a $20 Bluetooth speaker.

iPhones will allow the speaker to play nice with your headset. Make a call, and the speaker is muted.

You’ll need to keep it plugged in; the battery won’t go a day.

I’ve got this $20 iWorld “Rave” speaker that’s just loud enough. You can turn off the LED disco lights.

4. SteveBausch

SteveBausch Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    There are other, smaller, job site radios. Milwaukee doesn’t have Bluetooth.

5. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    If you have unlimited data, then I’ll chime in with the others recommending a Bluetooth speaker. I have one that I just keep on my dashboard, and play iHeartRadio or load up a radio station (most stations do live stream now). Doesn’t take up a lot of space, and a good quality speaker that broadcasts in stereo can be found for around $100. I had a JBL Charge 3 for awhile, but had to sell it when I needed some fast cash, and currently I have a Sony SRS XB30.

AE44D2AD-5F54-48F2-B876-FE77E5561A19.png

6. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    I thought I was the only one without a radio. Night this truck 3 years ago the wires for the radio are so messed up I never put a radio in. I just sing to myself. Or listen to th grand ole Opry app. Through Bluetooth. Singing to myself is not out of the question.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.