My Truck, My Choice, Out of Denver, Colorado

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by skyviper73, Dec 12, 2014.

1. EggoTrucker

EggoTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Im doing just fine out here i normally have around 4-7 loads on me at all times though.

rickybobby and skyviper73 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. djsixx

djsixx Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2015
    How's that prostar doing that you got from lone mountain.....I was approved and I'm going up next week for mine

4. skyviper73

skyviper73 Heavy Load Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    Doing fine. Except for the DPF issues that I had when I first picked it up, no problems. They cleaned the DPF, but there was a leak in the diesel lines going to the doser, so when the truck tried to perform a passive regen, all that happened was diesel poured all over the exhaust causing a ton of smoke while I was driving down the highway. Then because the DPF didn't get regened, it got clogged with soot and wanted a parked regen. Well, same problem. So, the DPF was totally clogged by the time I got to Green Bay. Master Fleet fixed everything, including getting the DPF baked, replacing a slack adjuster that was bad, installing a block heater, (truck didn't have one), and doing some other minor stuff to get the truck road ready, cost only about $1500. Master Fleet gives a really good labor rate to SNI contractors. So other than those initial issues, the truck has been fine. The mileage is averaging around 6.3 mpg over all loads, both heavy and light. I want to get that up, but my fuel costs are still around .43 cpm. I'm sure something else will go goofy soon, but for now, I'm working and putting money away for when that happens.

TennMan, rickybobby and Drifter42 Thank this.
  5. djsixx

djsixx Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Im going up monday i hope it's a smooth transaction and everything checks out.......any advice for me is greatly appreciated

6. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Cant wait to get back on the road. Already I have spent over $4000 and I been off for 2 weeks as of today. My exhaust stack had an hole in it. Spent $127 for that, took me a while to get bolts cut off. Clean 5 yrs worth IFTA stickers off side of truck. Been checking the load board out and it sucks. lol

skyviper73 Thanks this.
  7. skyviper73

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    Just take the truck to get it dyno'd and do your best to look for anything that doesn't look right. They will have it detailed, but run the truck for at least an hour to see if there are any fluids leaking that they power-washed off. Other than that, it's a used truck, roll of the dice.

8. skyviper73

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    I got my "TruckFridge" installed today and the inverter is halfway installed. I got an 80 amp fuse to put in line from the battery to the inverter to hopefully avoid the truck burning to the ground. I need some other hardware to finish the inverter install and I just didn't want to work on it anymore today. I have a nice hefty ribeye steak to throw on the grill in this wonderful 65 degree Denver evening. It was snowy and nasty yesterday, and today was beautiful. Time to grill a steak and saute some mushrooms! :biggrin_25525:

9. djsixx

djsixx Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Yessir that was my number 1 priority.....congrats and good luck driver I should be going up there monday

skyviper73 Thanks this.
  10. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I wouldn't worry too much about the load board. Just remember that we are in the slowest quarter of the year and fuel prices are at the lowest they have been in a long time.

skyviper73 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  11. skyviper73

Feb 17, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    The line up starting Monday:

Golden, CO To Springfield, MO
    Lees Summit, MO to New Orleans, LA
    Laurel, MS to Greenville, TX
    Dallas, TX to Houston, TX

That rounds out the week through the following Monday. Looks to be about $3026 in revenue on 2616 miles. Only $1.15 per mile, but all the loads are light except the first stupid beer load and I'm not screwing around in the snow! My goal is to see what I can do running around TX for a week or so then head back to Denver. I want to see if I can do two short loads a day in TX and see how that works. It's all good. Bills are paid and life is good. :biggrin_25517:

Tombstone Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.