my truck stop adventur

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by krazzyboi_44, Dec 26, 2008.

1. xxpigxx

xxpigxx Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Harlingen, TX
    I have 4 kids. Living on 30k is not easy at all . . . which is why I am getting into trucking. Even if I just make 30k . . . we can live on that . . . plus my wife's job. That is 45k combined. If I happen to get to 45k . . . we will double what we are living on right now.

The point is . . . it does seem like alot of money to me . . . because it IS a lot of money to me

If it goes as planned . . . I will make be in the industry as it gets to the upswing. If the economy is still crap for longer than expected . . . I have other options here at home that will keep me making what I am now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Point taken.

But 3 years from now. It will seem like you are back to bringing only 30k into the house.

Over my lifetime. I have earned as low a 5k a year with kids, and as high as 90k a year without kids.

And I've been equally broke at both levels.

Tip for you. When that income does come up, and it will, You and the wife should HIDE anything more than the 30k you used to make. Pretend you still only make 30k, and live on that for a few years. Till you get a healthy sum banked.

Waiting, is harder than being in debt. For me, anyway. It was something I had to learn. But it paid off like you wouldn't believe.

4. xxpigxx

xxpigxx Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Harlingen, TX
    That is what I plan to do . . . horde anything over 30k

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.