My Trucking Journey - J. Bauer Trucking.

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by SRJ, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    SRJ how is everything going?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SRJ

SRJ Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Wisconsin
    All is going well. Running a lot of miles. Just under 3400 this last week. 3600 is my personal best so far. This week I’ll do less as I came home for a few days to take care of some appointments.

Did a two week trial run with one of my dogs to see how she would do. She did just fine so it looks like I will have a full-time companion with me.

Lonesome, Rollr4872 and Goldenfan Thank this.
  4. Goldenfan

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    Sounds good, where are the primary running lanes East coast, or southeast? Are you pulling a reefer or dry van? Many drop and hooks? There must be some if you're getting those miles. You're home every weekend right?

5. SRJ

SRJ Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Wisconsin
    I typically leave on a Monday or Tuesday and return back to the yard on Saturdays. If I’m not leaving on a late Sunday or early am Monday load, I will come home. However, as I live about 3 1/2 hours from the yard, I don’t always come back home. This will change once we figure out the logistics of me brining my truck home. I’ve been too busy to talk about that with the company, but most likely will be an option.

There are several options of types of loads. I have been doing dry van but may try a reefer this week. We run all states, but don’t do much in CA.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. Goldenfan

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    So right now you're resetting in Medford? Why can't you take the truck home?

7. Goldenfan

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    SRJ any updates? Are they still making you commute from Medford to Milwaukee for hometime or are you just staying up there for a reset? How is the company now that you've been there a little while? Do you think you got enough training? 2 weeks is pretty short.

ChiRango and Rollr4872 Thank this.
  8. Goldenfan

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    SRJ how are things going so far?

9. jackoboyo

jackoboyo Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2014
    It says he's been on the site but hasn't commented since March.
    I was hoping for an update too.

10. SRJ

SRJ Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Wisconsin
    Sorry guys. Just been really busy with putting miles on and then getting as much home time as I can to keep up with the family.

4 months already. I have been really enjoying it. My dispatch is very flexible and has also been great to work with. I initially started with running mostly southeast routes and now have worked over into Texas and this week will be down in Louisiana. Switch off between dry van and reefer. Reefer can be good if your delivery location isn’t a train wreck. Wait times to get unloaded can be a nightmare. I try to read the reviews prior to getting there and hope for the best. When I’m in need of a breather from dry van that has 10-18 stops throughout the trip, reefer is nice. One destination and hope for good miles.

I track all my miles, but haven’t completed my spreadsheet for this yet. There isn’t as much time throughout the week to do a whole of extra stuff. Getting into a trucking career I would always see posts about extracurricular activities throughout their week. Not me. I get my route and the sooner I complete it, I either head home or keep running.

I’ll work on getting a monthly average for miles I’ve done to date and post that when I complet it.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  11. SRJ

SRJ Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2020
    Wisconsin
    Forgot to mention I now have a companion with me. Decided to take one of the dogs with me. She is loving it. Great to have a friend along. 7DEC00BB-2450-45D7-BA2D-111ABF68E7CC.jpeg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.