My wife and I are finally going to training for C. R. England

Discussion in 'CR England' started by Karasu1982, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Karasu1982

Karasu1982 Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    My wife and I are going to be new team drivers for C. R. England. We looked at lots of other companies and talked to a lot of different drivers and they came highly recommended. We've read a lot of the posts on here and hopefully we'll have a different experience. We heard that Werner was a good company but we see a lot posts on here that say they're bad too. The same with Swift and schnieder. We'll keep everyone updated as to our progress and our experience. So Hopefully this will be good for us.

Thanks for any support y'all give us!
    - Karasu1982

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Well, after doing all your research, they should be what you expect.

4. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Make sure to wear your cast iron chastity belts. Because you are going to get screwed.

Beechvtail and notarps4me Thank this.
  5. Karasu1982

Dec 1, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Well we've been here in Salt Lake about a week. The rooms smell like urine or worse, from what we hear from other students me and my wife are lucky. I've begun calling it the school of disorganization. Just to give some examples, lunch changes pretty regularly. Today we were supposed to practice parallel parking they had 8 lanes and 60 students. We didn't get a truck until lunch, and we won't get to go back until almost night. So we've pretty much decided we want our year of experience and the school paid off and we'll probably go else where.

6. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L
    I'm stunned...Stunned, I tell ya'!

Just a week ago it was...

Don't say that too loud, They'll find a reason to send you down the road and bill you for the "so called" school!

notarps4me and StormDancer Thank this.
  7. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

The journey begins......If you have the money, just write them a check now. AND LEAVE...............You'll come out WAY ahead !!

longbedGTs and notarps4me Thank this.
  8. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Yeah; we have heard this from a few other hundred or so drivers. Why do all of you think it will be better for you?:biggrin_2554:

9. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
  10. He who is called I am

He who is called I am Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Da U P Eh, Michigan

notarps4me and Karasu1982 Thank this.
  11. Karasu1982

Dec 1, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Yes we did look at other companies, and as far as picking England goes we heard more things bad about Schneider than England. In the end my wife didn't want to go to Schneider, and hearing things from drivers about England that she did she wanted England. Our class started with 125 hard copy cdl's and people who had never driven before we're at 63, we just finished the training and orientation, we started driving with a phase 1 trainer some time in the next few weeks. With the holidays coming up it'll probably be after Jan 1st that we'll start training on the flip side, they pay us while we wait.

At this point I would like to say that during the training I took my complaint to one of the instructors and it was handled. I'm starting to think that England is what you make of it, but I'm pretty sure there are people who will say that about anywhere, I would agree. Then there will be the other people who are going to say England is down right criminal but my wife and I thank them for at least giving us the opportunity to drive.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.