Myths About Health and Trucking

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by steverino, Jan 20, 2019.

1. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Welp- All the Drivers stuck at the T&A in Pennsylvania yesterday could use the walking trail in the snow.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I can tell you that if I had a can of grape soda, say fanta brand with the sugar and then tried to bowl, the body will not function very well and the scoring will show it. This is one constant all my life. Avoiding the unnecessary sugar and salt in foods is more difficult considering what you find at the store today.

Ive been going through alot of physical theraphy and getting around in between rest and sitting is all in balance. The body has responded beautifully to the physical activity required of it. Otherwise I would be crippled from within the body structure itself not healing internally like it's supposed to from such a invasive major surgery recently.

Being free from stress frees up resources within your heart and lungs so that if something did come up on the road where someone dying or being badly hurt is a real possibility, you will have the capacity to deal with that immediate flood of stress fight or flight without passing out or something else.

When I was rolling in my time I depended so much on lumping freight. At the weight I was (Around 140 wet and yea high) it was important that I ate well to do the work as well as Mr Big Big could also do it. Maybe a little bit faster than he did too if possible. When I first started work in the baltimore area, they assigned me to crews tearing out stores that were relocating and that involved moving some seriously heavy steel, metal racks and large dangerous objects. The problem was the crew around me was 8 foot and 200 plus able to do this in their sleep while I come along and am called weak or teased because now I am in their way moving stuff badly or too slowly. So In some ways it was good for me to try and do well on those crews back in the day which set the foundation for trucking later when it comes to lumping 48000 twice a day, once to load and once to unload.

Everything else took care of itself. The only time of sitting I worry about is when I am flying. I usually get preboard so I have the pick of the entire plane in terms of where to sit so it's either by the exit doors where there is like 5 feet between seats or in the rear where it's more room than most of the cabin. I worry about clots in the legs etc from being stuffed into ever smaller spaces up there.

Everything is in balance. If not? Then you will find that your body will not do well if you were not in balance with it in general every day stuff.

4. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    They make steppers small enough to fit under your bunk. I know because I have one. It also has power band attachments.

I don’t do workouts in shady areas lol. Or sunny ones either.

5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Trucking is horr

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.