N14 red top pedal stops acelarating

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Georget800, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Georget800

Georget800 Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2017
    Here we go guys
    Kenworth T600 n14 red top it starts fine no problem . But when I go to press on the pedal it doesn't respond . Then a couple seconds later it does . I replaced throttle position sensor nothing
    Replaced the crank sensor nothing still does the same thing replace the pedal itself nothing . Te truck runs perfect at idle . Yesterday I went to start it and I ran perfect all day no problem . Today back to the same problem please help thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Try swapping another ECM or have yours tested.

Usually when there's no throttle response, it's the pedal position sensor or/and the accelerator pedal.

4. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    And or it's a wiring problem between tps and ecm.

5. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    ^ That too, especially since it's a intermittent problem.

I would be more inclined to say you have a bad wire or connector causing it to work intermittently.

6. Sultansilni

Sultansilni Bobtail Member

Dec 16, 2017
    Sry guys im new to this i dont know how to start a tread and this is the closest to my problem i have a kw t2000 99' with n14. My truck displays an engine throttle sensor short v circuit fault and check engine light is on but there is nothing wrong with the performance of the truck no sputtering no power loss or acc response everything is perfect. And then it stayes on until i get up to high gears and when i put it in 13th speed the check engine disappear but comes back as soon as i go back to low speeds or when i get it out to neutral... if somebody has some experience with this i would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.