NAPA Transportation - Mechanicsburg PA discussion/diary

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Stage350z, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Stage350z

Stage350z Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Hi y’all, I’ve been a little dormant for a while. I hung my keys up and was selling cars. Then got promoted to Sales manager and was doing great. But then Covid forced me out of fleet sales as there’s not many cars. I decided I wanted to get back in a truck.

Anyways, after moving to Delaware and finding it hard to land a decent truck driving gig and seeing a home every night position with Napa Transportation. I’ve just completed orientation and I must say.. they’ve been the biggest breath of fresh air.

So, I wanted to discuss my experience and answer any questions. But, I will say from my short time there. With 400 drivers… they know your name and care about you.

I’ll review Orientation in my next post. Then a week recap the following weeks.

Lonesome, skinnytrucker and Kyle G. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Is that NAPA the auto parts people? Or someone else?

4. Stage350z

Stage350z Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2017
    No relation. NAPA is an acronym relating to the guys kids who started it.

5. Stage350z

Stage350z Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Recruitment process/overview

Pretty straight forward. They had a lane in my area I was interested and I called. Local drivers have sleepers and can have pets and riders after 30 days. My wife is a teacher, so I thought it was pretty cool I could run OTR with her a few weeks in the summer or just work a Saturday here and there and have a friend come along. I mulled it over for a day or two and then submitted my application. I have pretty easy and solid verifiable experience. So, it took all of 4 hours to get me approved and invited to orientation. That currently pays $1000 with all meals and hotel provided. It is 4/5 days long.

They require one year of driving experience in the last 3 years, and the standard.. don’t have a crappy driving record.

They start around 52-65 CPM and are home weekends or through the week. There is a monthly .3 CPM safety bonus and a yearly .2 CPM performance bonus. 90% of drivers are making the monthly bonus so they say.

with that said, there IS DRIVER FACING CAMERAS. I was not thrilled to hear at first. But, it keeps everyone honest including the 4 wheelers around you. As long as you don’t have your phone in your hand. You’re fine.

I’ll go over orientation next.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.