Navajo Express - good or bad company?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Dwill, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Rich635mustang

Rich635mustang Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2013
    What cpm does Marten give?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Some drivers like Navajo, and some don't. I'd imagine you'd find more the same with Marten. Navajo runs pretty decent equipment. You're not going to get the latest and greatest as a new driver (and I'd imagine it would be more the same with Marten).

4. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Equipment is largly reletive here- depends on where one does orientation and what's available. If in Denver, one stands a good chance at an APU equipped tractor- elsewhere catch as catch can I'm afraid.

A note- I have a friend at Marten. She is very comfortable driving there but, like anywhere else, she faces much of the same issues we all face plus issues related to Marten's operation. Just proves what alot of us have been posting- one pays yer money and takes yer chances. Finding the perfect fit sometimes never happens.

5. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    I know what's on the ready line at Denver to be issued out, and I can assure you none of those trucks are APU equipped.

6. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Well- whatever may or may not be sitting on the ready line may or may not be assigned. There is a lot of horse trading that goes on before equipment is assigned. And remember, Denver domiciled drivers get first crack. Apu trucks are kept hidden away- for a reason but they are close by.

7. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    This is the funniest thing I have ever read on here. 425 is a big girl. :)

123456 Thanks this.
  8. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    This is in regards to Jabbs post regarding the Navajo Executive VP- might want to think about getting your facts straight before posting about people you obviously have never met. Having just talked with the senior management team regarding our maintenance cycles a little over a week ago, I suggest that Jabbs comment is just a wee bit extreme regarding the VP.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  9. Pasquale

Pasquale Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Yeah those Navajo tacos will really put the weight on. Lol

10. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Personally- I gotta wonder. What the heck is in those "Navajo Tacos" ? Hope you all can past your next random.

11. Trucker8

Trucker8 Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Sparks, NV
    Does anybody know anything about shippers west if they run like navajo i know they pull their freight but are they better than navajo? Thx

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.