Navajo Express has just abandoned this trainee in a tiny town 1500 miles from home!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by JustPj, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polardog

polardog Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Bluffton SC
    PJ - I have been in a similar situation - 22yo female stranded in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming and trying to find a way home. The difference between us is that I really wanted to get home! It doesn't seem like you want to get back home quickly.

Back then ( late 70's) I talked to people and found a way to get to a bus station, and traveled for 4 days on a bus to get home. I literally lived on the buses for the entire trip - eating out of the bus stations and taking sponge baths in the bathrooms. The difference between living on a truck and a bus are simply this - on a bus there is a bathroom - on a truck, you pick where you go. If you reallllllly want to get to home, take a bus and go from there.

Ellensburg, WA is a College Town and only 20 miles down the road there is a Pilot Truck Stop where the bus stops AND a Hampton Inn, Perkins Rest....etc - all you need to get you on the road home. Are you really saying you can't get 20 miles down the road with the limited amount of stuff that you are allowed to take on a trainers truck? Find a couple of boxes, and take it with you. How did you get your stuff there and on the truck to begin with? It's not like you were on a cruise ship - right?

If you REALLY feel that you are above riding on a bus to get home - then you might be able to catch a ride with a trucker from there as opposed to where you are staying now. Oh, by the way - a bus ticket is approx. $165- $195 and around 28 hrs. to get back home. Probably cheaper than what your hotel bills are adding up to. How bad do you want to be home?????

Does it suck this happened? Well yeah obviously!!!

SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP - 'TRUCKIN AINT FOR SISSY'S'

THAT BEING SAID,
    The issues are different.
    Getting you home is one thing. Holding the company responsible is another ballgame. You obviously know this and will get your day in court.

People are trying to help get you home.
    Get to Ellensburg, you have more options from there.

FLATBED and TruckDuo Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    Brings to mind Hanks "There's a tear in my beer!" What a Soap Opera. Get out, get your thumb in the air and hitch a ride and leave us in peace. Thank You.

4. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    Bull Haulers Wife, Please close this thread.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  5. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    The bickering is going to stop. Unless someone has something valuable to offer move on to another thread. It's that simple.

PJ you need to concentrate on getting home and then pick up the pieces from there. Why put off to tomorrow what you can do today? No knight in shining armor is going to pull up to your front door and take you home. You have to take initiative and get yourself home no matter how hard it seems or even if you have to leave stuff behind. You are not the first to get thrown to the side of the road nor the last. Members are willing to help but we're not dragging this out to a drama thread or an on going flaming thread. What's done is done. What's been said has been said fifty times. We are up to 700 posts in three days. With all them posts not one thing has been accomplished.

There is Hopesource Transportation in Cle Elum. Give them a call and they will take you to Ellensburg, WA so you can catch a Greyhound. Total cost about $200 and 29 hours to get home with two change overs. You can do it if you put your mind to it! None of us like to ride Greyhound but hey it gets you there. Swallow your pride, take what's offered and get home.

It's right by the interstate so you have to be close.
    It a shuttle bus that runs to Ellensburg 5 times a day.

http://www.hopesource.us/transportation_uc_flyer.pdf

6. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Getting more bizarre by the hour.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  7. BuckeyeCowboy63

BuckeyeCowboy63 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Cincinnati, OH
    Condo cruiser...smartest thing anyone has said on here yet.

FLATBED and MONT74 Thank this.
  8. DsquareD

DsquareD Road Train Member

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    Definitely agree about the bickering.

For the sake of the OP, let's give her the benefit of doubt that with the first two days being weekend days, there was very little that could be done. So today is really the first day of action, so to speak.

Lux Prometheus, JustPj and thebennyman Thank this.
  9. crazystalin

crazystalin Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2013
    NC
    I be driving for over 13 years and I am to good to ride the bus. To slow, to many stops, and some of the people. Not sure where some come from but showers, deodorant and general hygiene passed by. U know people I am talking about. Look at some at buffet in any talking. Yucky.

10. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    I wanna know since the young lady called and she leaving tomorrow why are planning to take the bus after you spoke to her and it's a go.

11. JustPj

JustPj Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Ok, CondoCruiser, I, too, agree that what's been said and offered and done and suggested and mulled and pulled and pried and tried and not-tried, has been. I'm ready to call it a day.

I really do appreciate everybody's concern, and those that made offers of cash or ticket purchases, well, bless your hearts! I'm really sorry this thread turned caustic, but for the most part, what I got from the community was support. And something was accomplished: we got the attention of many who needed to know this goes stuff really happens. And we got to know some pretty amazing people. That's where I stand.

I will post a new thread after I am home and update everybody on my situation.

I do love you all, know that! Please be careful out there!

Pj

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.