Navajo Express, Inc. - Denver, Co.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by MAGNOLIA, Apr 28, 2006.

1. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    I am guessing you guys were out of Phoenix? Just curious.

Mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. romeo3434

romeo3434 Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Is Navajo really that bad? Im going to their orientation in Phoenix on Monday.... But hey no company is perfect..........

4. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Define "bad" and as in relation to who?

What Navajo will do, is give you a lot of rope-it's up to you what you do with it. You will eithor wrap it around something nice or, hang yourself. If you are the type of driver that requires constent oversight and management-you will probably fail here. If you are the type of driver that can't take responsibilty for himself or makes a lot of excuses-you will probably fail here. If you came out of the sort of enviroment that companies like Swift has, you will have a lot of adjusting because we won't hold your hand here.

However........

If you are the type of driver that can operate with, and actually enjoys, a little independence with very little impact from your FM-you'll probably do alright. And one thing further point on that-communication is key here. Just remember that okay.

Mark

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  5. BIGPHILBROWN

BIGPHILBROWN Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2008
    BIRIMINGHAM AL
    # k7tkr.....No dirty laundry? Got some "good things" about Navajo? They called me last week about driving for them. I am trying to find out some good things. I have been around long enough to know that most people will complain on these sites but not too many take the time to put out good experiences. And you are right no company is perfect.....and what one driver hates another loves. So give me some good news about them....Got good freight? Good miles? Long hauls? Typical types of hauls? Etc.....

6. Hamill

Hamill Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Left Of Center.USA
    I drove for Navajo for a little over a year.From 04-to 06.They did me ok.I got plenty of miles, hometime was rarely an issue and the equipment was in decent shape

I only left because I got a better offer with another company..

7. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    This rates a big SO. Every companies has drivers that need to pee, maybe you guys need to stop looking at guys to see what there doing. It has nothing to do with whom he drives for.

Everybody takes a leak on the ground at sometime, just some lie about it, just watch for the response from the ones that lie....

Flyer Thanks this.
  8. Hamill

Hamill Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Left Of Center.USA
    I know my experiences with them may be a bit dated,but I'll give it a shot,and maybe it will be helpful. Granted, it's been almost 5 years since I drove for them.

They weren't a bad outfit.The pay wasn't all that, but at the time, it worked. They run all 48 states,and NYC. They were not forced dispatch.They run a LOT of meat.So that sometimes means lenghty delays in the middle of nowhere at slaughterhouses.They also run a lot of beer.

I used to run a lot from the National Beef Yards in Liberal Kansas,to Hunts Point in The Bronx.From there I would go to Exit 8 on the Jersey turnpike,and pick up some Sunny Delite and take that to Upstate N.Y.-From thereI would go to Kodak in Rochester N.Y and take their product to Windsor Colorado. That was pretty much my routine.I would still end up in East Chehunga from time to time .I got good miles from them and really didn't have any hassles from them.Do your job, don't be late, watch your logs and you should be fine.

At the time,they didn't have EZ Pass or APU's.That could be a PITA when running the east coast.Back then, they didn't flip out over normal idleing.

All in all, you could do worse.But for me, the money just wasn't right..

BIGPHILBROWN Thanks this.
  9. bigfatslim

bigfatslim Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2010
    dade city florida
    Tell your hubby to check out mile hi

10. Picknflick

Picknflick Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Titusville FL
    have problems with my pic

11. Nunu62

Nunu62 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    My S.O. just started with Digby last week and after sitting in orientation for two days, got a whopping 800 miles his first week. This week he's only at 1100 for 4-days. Driving 200-miles a day on average and sitting for 6-8 hours to load (happened twice THIS week) is no bueno for making money. He's rethinking this job choice. :biggrin_25513:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.