NAVAJO EXPRESS INC

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by MOE515, Jan 17, 2024.

1. MOE515

MOE515 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2024
    BE CAREFUL WORKING WITH THIS BROKER. REALLY DISHONEST AND SUPER RUDE. WE ARE A SMALL FAMILY TRUCKING COMPANY AND HAD SOME ISSUES WITH THIS BROKER. THEY WILL POST LOADS WITH LIGHT WEIGHT THEN YOU SHOW UP AND THE WEIGHT IS DOUBLED JUST SO THEY CAN MOVE THE FREIGHT FOR CHEAPER. IN THIS CASE WE HAD A VETERAN DRIVER THAT WAS PICKING UP A LOAD IN CA -WA FOR 24,000LB AND WAS LOADED WITH 40,000 LB. HE REFUSED TO SIGN THE BOL AND ASKED TO UNLOAD THE FREIGHT TO RATE CON AGREED WEIGHT OR UNLOAD THE WHOLE LOAD. SHERRELL THOMAS THE BROKER FOR NAVAJO DECIDED TO TAKE MATTER INTO HER OWN HANDS AND DECIDED TO THREATEN OUR COMPANY AND DRIVER WITH FALSE STATEMENTS. TALKING ABOUT WE HAD NO CHOICE AND WE WOULD GET A CLAIM FILED AGAINST US IF WE DONT. HELD MY DRIVER HOSTAGE FOR 20 HRS WHILE COMMUNICATING WITH SHIPPER TO FORCE US TO TAKE THE LOAD. WE HAD TO CALL LAW ENFORCEMENT TO GET UNLOADED. IN THIS CASE WHEN WE DID THAT THE DRIVER WAS UNLOADED WITHIN MINUTES. THEN NAVAJO'S CEO DECIDED TO FILE A CLAIM ON CARRIER 411 WITH FALSE STATEMENTS BECAUSE HIS FEELINGS WERE HURT. WE TRIED TO BE PROFESSIONAL ABOUT THIS BUT THEY NEVER GAVE US THE CHANCE. BE CAREFUL WITH THIS BROKER AFTER I DID MY RESEARCH THIS HAS BEEN REPEATED OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND THEY LOST A DISCRIMINATION LAWSUIT NOT TO LONG AGO TOO.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PPNLE

PPNLE Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Navajo Express out of Denver?

4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yeah they truly suck he ain't wrong.

5. PPNLE

PPNLE Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Oh, wasn't here to defend them by any stretch of the imagination. I know them as a carrier that I haven't personally used; didn't realize they were running brokerage, as well.

6. LOTSO

LOTSO Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2023
    You went through all that over 16,000 lbs. :dontknow:

Atlanta trucker and larry2903 Thank this.
  7. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Any carrier of any real size is going to have to broker in some way shape or form.

8. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Navajo - the blue eyed Indian.
    Ever notice the pic on the door ?

The_vett and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Lots of small carriers have brokerage authority too. It's about as difficult to get as carrier authority.

10. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    That's the owner's daughter in a Halloween costume when she was 15 or so.

The_vett and cuzzin it Thank this.
  11. PPNLE

PPNLE Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Sure, I'm aware of that, in general. I just usually have a sense of that ahead of time. I hadn't heard anything about Navajo brokering through the gripe line when carriers call in. I get a *lot* of info that way, lol.

rollin coal Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.