Navajo Express

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Papa_Squirrel, May 21, 2015.

1. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    If you don't want a trucking OTR job why are you wasting the company's time? You do know that once your there you have to pay for the flight and hotel if you don't stay for 6 months to a year

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Todd B

Todd B Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2015
    I did not even know that about staying the 6 months. Are you an employee there snearkerfix?

4. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    That's how all the starter company's do it with transportation cost

5. Todd B

Todd B Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2015
    Not all I worked for one and they did not do that when I left them before 6 months have to pay for anything and in fact they paid for me to get home.

6. Jubal3

Jubal3 Heavy Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Central WA
    $41860 to be out 14 hours a day 3-4 weeks at a a time? I can make $13 an hour flipping burgers and be home after 8 hours. I also don't have to pay for meals out or any other of the myriad expenses you run into OTR.

frankly, I'd rather flip burgers. Yes, it's less money, but you're also home every day after 8 hours and get overtime for over 40.

To work OTR, the sacrifices you have to make and the dedication it takes to do that job well, don't even TALK to me for less than $55k.

Anyone willing to work 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, 3.5 weeks a month for anything LESS than that is either an idiot or has problems with their background.

I have a reputation as a hard worker. But #### if I'm gonna be working that hard for chump change. I'd rather work a lot less and MAKE less than be a slave to a company making bank off my hard work for slave wages. And yes, 41k for OTR is slave wages.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's an old pay scale.

8. Jubal3

Jubal3 Heavy Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Central WA
    You're probably right China, as you usually are. I was using the numbers quoted, which are frankly, gARBAGE. I could work for SWIFT and do as well.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I saw that several months ago. From what I read the owners son changed the pay structure trying to increase profits and it backfired big time. I guess he forgot humans work for him and have families to support.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.