Navajo Express

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by lawsonott, Nov 2, 2016.

1. steadyJ

steadyJ Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Mothertrukr. I’m starting orientation Monday w Navajo and seeking any advice if your still with the company. I’m also from Charlotte area ( Salisbury. ) any info is helpful and I will drop your name for a bonus. Thanks- SteadyJ

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Where are you going for your orientation? I know there's talk of an Atlanta yard, but I don't believe that's operational as of yet, and the one in Tennessee was shut down a few years back. So are they sending you to Denver?

4. steadyJ

steadyJ Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Yes Denver. Seems like a lot of ground to cover for a 2 day orientation

5. WitchingHour

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Well, they don't have a terminal anywhere near NC at the moment. They used to have one in Tennessee (can't remember the name of the town it was in), but they shut it down... I think in 2015.. for reasons I really don't know. Rumor mill says there are plans to open one in Atlanta or the immediate area, but I have no idea what the timeline for that looks like.

You'll probably be staying at.. I can't remember if it was the Radisson or the Quality Inn, but they're both off of Bannock and 48th. If you get time and want to explore Denver, a five minute walk from the hotel will take you to Pecos St., and you can take a southbound bus (Route 19) to wherever... the Wewatta and 17th stop puts you at Union Station, which is the main RTD transportation hub, and you can go directly to the 16th Street Mall and downtown from there, or catch another bus or light rail if you know where you want to go.

I would advise against any drinking during that time, though... Don Digby, Jr. is very strict about that. Which, by the way, you will meet him during orientation... he makes himself accessible to his drivers.

Aside from sitting in a conference room for most of the day and the driving test, can't really tell you what else to expect. I only attended one day of orientation.. I worked in their shop, and had to go through it in order to be able to take trucks off-site (e.g., they had to go to the dealer for warranty work or whatever). The reality is that I didn't care about that so much, but I was trying to hustle them to get them to pay for my DOT when it was due. So they put together a driver packet for me and had me attend orientation.

6. steadyJ

steadyJ Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2018
    I am familiar with Denver. I used to live north of Denver and grandfathered in through a beer distributor in Longmont CO. I made the mistake of marrying a stripper while in the service and her mom lived out there. You know typical BS jarheads do. Lol

WitchingHour Thanks this.
  7. WitchingHour

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    It's kinda funny, because I moved to Colorado from North Carolina. Lived in Colorado Springs for three years, Broomfield for two, and now Denver for two. Lived in Garner, North Carolina prior.
    During my time in the Army, I spent a year stationed in Korea. You Gomers don't get to take all the credit - in spite of being advised otherwise, I've seen more than one soldier who became hell bent on marrying one of the 'drinky girls'.

8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I love Denver. Has a great feel too it.

WitchingHour and Odin's Rabid Dog Thank this.
  9. WitchingHour

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    I don't know. Denver felt me once, but I felt kinda violated.

(cue drum roll)

Anyhow, a little update... apparently their new terminal in the dirty dirty is supposed to open on June 1st. The shop supervisor and one of the lead mechanics from Denver are going down there to run the shop, which kinda leaves my future with the company uncertain at the point... the aforementioned supervisor is the main reason I stayed on as a part-timer after I took a job offer with Denver Public Works.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.