NC Truck Driver Training School

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by soundman, Aug 29, 2007.

1. NCtrucker25

NCtrucker25 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Raleigh NC
    PCDoctor, you should be fine, I waited 3 months to get hired not because I was lazy but I was looking for a local job but since I was a recent trucking school graduate and did not have experience I could not find a local job. Any way I went with Schneider as well, I too trained at Charlotte and it's not to bad just expect to work hard while at orientation, you go to class at 7:00 am and finish up your day at around 6:00 pm. Then you go to your hotel and do alot of homework, and make sure you do your homework or the class instructor Scott will not be happy, in the class before me he sent 2 students home for not doing there homework. But all in all it's not to bad just pay attention to all the information they teach you and study.

PCDoctor Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NCtrucker25

NCtrucker25 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Raleigh NC
    Congratulations Jerell

jerell10 Thanks this.
  4. PCDoctor

PCDoctor Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Winston-Salem, NC
    NCTrucker25, yeah Scott is our instructor. It was a long first day with the usual HR paperwork but we've already covered a lot of ground and I've got a bunch to read tonight and answer those 49 DOT questions. But first...a sandwich. ;)

5. davidw

davidw Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Dunn,NC
    Congrats Jerrel. Me and Don Holder went by Tuesday morning, but it seemed like Andy was having a little chat with ya'll. I think Henry was Talking also. Again CONGRATS on your qualifing and enjoy your solo rides.

jerell10 Thanks this.
  6. PCDoctor

PCDoctor Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Jerrel, how is class going? I figure you should be done by now or at least very close. I completed my week of Orientation at Schneider and am now enjoying some time at home before heading out with my "Training Engineer" for 2 weeks. I look forward to hear which company you decide to roll with. Send me a PM if you want more info on Schneider.

NCTrucker25, you were right about the homework at Orientation week. I think I was up until 11 p.m. every night getting it done. That includes about an hour of eating my sandwich in front of the TV to unwind after a full day of brain overload in class. All good stuff, but I did have to unlearn some things I was taught at CDL school. Schneider spares no trees when it comes to filling out company paperwork. OMG!

I switched road instructors after the first day. First of all, I couldn't hear the guy and when he did raise his voice to an audible level it was only to let out smart ##s remarks to me and the other student. I later learned that others have complained about this instructor. SNI was very accommodating in changing instructors for me and the next guy was fantastic. Very patient and gave CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, which encouraged me to improve. I felt good about my driving by the end of the week and the instructor said I was doing better than some of the experienced drivers he's had to take out on a road test. Overall, it was a good experience.

difference-maker Thanks this.
  7. jerell10

jerell10 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2010
    Durham,NC
    This is our last week of class, we have two quizzes left coupling test,forward test and 100 question test and then friday graduation. I'm looking at several companies Tyson Food,Old Dominion,UPS,Epes,Howard,Tidewater,Werner Dollar General Account.I'm glad to hear Schneider is working out for you.

PCDoctor Thanks this.
  8. camofrawg83

camofrawg83 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    Def put in at TWT. And good luck. Don't sweat the final ride either. Its setup so you will screw up. Jus relax, drive and at that point, know you're graduating anyway!

9. bornagaintrucker

bornagaintrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2010
    King NC
    I went to that school. The training was good. I had 2 cousins who went there also. The very best thing about this school is its cheap.

10. jerell10

jerell10 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2010
    Durham,NC
    We started with 32 and ended with 17........I'm so glad these 8 weeks are over.

PCDoctor Thanks this.
  11. ParkRanger

ParkRanger Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Folks, I graduated from JCC almost 2 years ago and from my class I believe only 2 of us are drivers. If you are an OTR driver (which is where most beginners can start), you're out 2 or more weeks, then home for 34 hours! In that 34 you'll sleep 24, eat for 4, shop (and reload your truck) for 5, and 1 hour for free time, which will probably be TV. It's not fun, but can be profitable if you don't waste it on things you shouldn't. I have driven to 38 states and 4 Provinces in Canada. I miss being home a lot, but the money is good. If you want to see your family every night, this may not work out well for you. If not, have a great time, and let me know if you want to earn 45 cpm.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.