NC Truck Driver Training School

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by soundman, Aug 29, 2007.

1. camofrawg83

camofrawg83 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    Hey parkranger, who you running for? 45 cpm sounds pretty doggone good.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PCDoctor

PCDoctor Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Thanks for the update Jerell. Have you signed on with anyone yet?

4. ParkRanger

ParkRanger Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Maverick Specialized. You'll earn your keep, but they treat you fair. I've been there since I graduated JCC.

5. camofrawg83

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    Glass division? Was real interested, but heard some horror stories.

6. jerell10

jerell10 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2010
    Durham,NC
    PCDoctor I have not signed on with anyone yet, I'm pushing towards Old Dominion but one of my friends from class said MBM might be hiring students from JCC so I'm going to check into that Monday morning..........West Bros was at our graduation I looked on the website and they had

Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift EBP dedicated drivers. No experience required! This opportunity is perfect for a local driver in the Raleigh / Durham area who is not interested to drive OTR. Driving for this dedicated account, the driver will remain in the 15 mile radius of the customer site. This is a 2 year training program, where upon successful completion, the driver with graduate and be promoted within the company to drive at any of the terminals where 2 years of tractor trailer experience is required.

Experience
    Requirements
    -CDL Class A North Carolina License
    -23 years of age
    -Medical Examiners Card
    -Certificate of Completion from Driver Training School
    -Good Motor Vehicle Report (no more than 3 moving violations in 3 years, no DWI in 10 years, no careless/reckless driving in 7 years

Before I call to get some more info, Do anyone know if this is a good company to work for and the BIG Question. Do they pay decent

7. camofrawg83

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    Congrats Jerrell and good luck.

jerell10 Thanks this.
  8. PCDoctor

PCDoctor Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Winston-Salem, NC
    I don't have the experience to explain the West Bros. setup, but my guess is if you're staying within a 15-mile radius there might be a lot of hand unloading involved. If you want to stay close to home, but don't need to be home every night you should check out Schneider's Southeast Regional Run: out 5-6 days and then home for restart. You would attend their paid Orientation in Charlotte and once assigned a truck would be permitted to bobtail home because of your distance from the OC (Operating Center). They also have the Home Run Program where you're out 2 weeks and then home for 1 week. Keep in mind that this is a slip-seating assignment so you have to clean your stuff out at the end of your 2-week run. I was going to do this until I found out that they don't have any openings in a non-smoking "pod" (3 drivers share 2 trucks). I can't sleep in an ashtray so I'm going to do the SE Regional Run for awhile.

Let me know if you want more details than this and/or have questions and I'll send you a PM with my Gmail address. I finished their Orientation a week ago and am waiting to head out with my Training Engineer for 2 weeks OTR. So far, I've been impressed although their choice of hotel for new hires sucks.

jerell10 Thanks this.
  9. Cruiser09

Cruiser09 Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Western NC
    JCC's program is first on my list because of the quality of training and the cost. I still have my CDL from when I drove OTR for 6 months in 2006, went to PTDI schools TWICE, Sage and Schneider, but my experience is so old I have to go to school again.

I live too far away to commute, so the cost of lodging for 8 weeks is considerable.

Do any of you former students know of low cost lodging in the area?

10. jerell10

jerell10 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2010
    Durham,NC
    If I was you I would do a google search of hotels in smithfield.Then I would ask to speak to a manager. Tell them what your situation is and see if they can work out a deal on a room Monday-Thursday for 8 weeks.

11. camofrawg83

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    You could also call the school and ask. We had 4 guys stay in a hotel in my class( all from around the outter banks) and they had found a pretty good deal. I think there may be a local motel that will work you a deal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.