Nearing the end of my first 90 days

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Reroll, May 4, 2013.

1. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Reroll, it's their business model (heavy dependence on student drivers) and top heavy approach to compliance that keeps most driver productivity there suppressed.

They are so concerned about late picks and deliveries (due to rookie inefficiencies) they schedule most of the loads with these ridiculous time frames, i.e., 350 mile run with two days to get there.

Unfortunately, most of the experienced and efficient drivers end up paying for it and eventually move on, which David Daniels and company don't seem to mind.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    The other thing that I see happening there is the software planning and routing system a lot of these companies have gone to now.

The software utilizes the positioning of the truck, hours of service available on a truck, etc., then matches it automatically with dispatch orders that are in the queue.

It's good for the company as far as controlling and maximizing costs controls and profits to the truck, but not so good most often for the driver.

4. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

Why should they mind ? The lose the high $0.30 and low $0.40 cent milage drivers and replace them with the low $0.30 cent drivers and line there pockets with
    more money. And they still don't give a crap about ANY of their drivers. They can be replaced at a cost savings.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.