Nebraska should be ashamed of itself

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by BeHereNow97, Mar 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    You Sound Nice.

Not Able To Park On Ramps Or Does Your Company Forbid Such Activity?
    It's called TRIP PLANNING, Like Reading A Map Or Similar.

I No Recall Ever Having A Parking Problem In Nebraska, Guess I Was Too Poor To "Pay Attention".

I Preferred "Seeing Miles & Miles Of Open Farmland" Especially With The Fuel Gauge Bouncing Between 1/4 and Dum Dum.

Just Tell Dispatch (or Who/Whomever Controls Your Journeys) That You're ALLERGIC To Nebraska.
    I'm Sure They'll Understand.

CHEERS!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    I agree. I call them, "Yankees". Doesn't matter where they live because it's all their mentality and that has zero geographical boundaries. Even when they live in the deep South many of their family trees can be traced back to New England.

D.Tibbitt and bzinger Thank this.
  4. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    The problem is, these driver's want to run 11 hours up to the second and expect a parking spot when the clock ticks 11.
    There should be a solid line of rest area from state line to state line, if they had their way. This is why you see so many parked on a shoulder for 30 minutes exactly. They wait until the ELD is about to show a violation and then hit the shoulder.
    Getting off at an exit to park at a truck stop takes up too much of their drive time, so hit the shoulder and hope a LEO doesn't come by. And most i have seen don't even turn on the hazards while sitting on the shoulder.

5. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    To bad their to stupid to realize the world doesn't evolve around their dumb arse

bzinger, drvrtech77 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. bthomann

bthomann Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2020
    The one near the Sutherland, Nebraska exit smells like ### before you even go inside. I agree wholeheartedly.
    Why Nebraska can get away with treating hardworking drivers along one of the busiest stretches of interstate
    in the entire U.S. is beyond me.

BeHereNow97 Thanks this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    So if it's so bad why do u guys keep going there ? Find another route ?

8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    People complain about lack of parking well for one going across donner pass at the brake check area wb, the shoulder of the area was filled with piss bottles..no wonder so many places don’t want to build truck areas as this happens too often..disgusting bunch of bums.

Oxbow, D.Tibbitt and bzinger Thank this.
  9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Or why keep stopping at rest areas expecting them to somehow be different than when you stopped the last trip. I live in NE and can’t even tell you the last time I pulled into one because I know the parking is usually a cluster.

10. TooTiredToTalk

TooTiredToTalk Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2022
    Nebraska is really big with livestock/agriculture. It's normal to have the odor. If you can't handle it, then stay in the large cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Brooklyn, etc. The rest of us will handle our farming communities ;)

11. TooTiredToTalk

TooTiredToTalk Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2022
    Some people just need something to complain about to be happy I suppose, eh?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.