Need a little advice, 2003 Century 12.7L Detroit Engine 430 hp

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Phiyadude, Aug 5, 2013.

1. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    I think what they meant was

"Fleet Truck" - Any truck that was owned by a large carrier that has had more than three drivers within the mileage on the truck.

I said three drivers because I'm just throwing numbers out there.

Anyway, I know people on this forum that have bought fleet trucks and have had good luck with them, others, not so much.

*Personally If I ever buy a truck it will be a truck I want and one from an owner op that has taken care of her. If I can't buy a long nose pete or kw, then I'd rather keep and save my money before buying something I don't want.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EZX1100

EZX1100 Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2012
    i got my present, 2003 12.7 Detroit 5yrs ago with 725,000, it ran until the crankshaft went at 1.2, i never had it checked out when i got it,, but i had been driving it for a few months before the actual purchase and it drove rather well

never left me on the side of the road, good fuel mileage, almost any mechanic can work on it (which is why i believe the crankshaft went, i trusted the wrong mechanic)

but i would highly recommend getting it, the one i have in it now is a rebuilt 99 detroit and it runs great

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.