Need an Automatic! Iraq I.E.D. blew off part of my leg

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by dbrober70, Jan 15, 2015.

1. pusherman

pusherman Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Thank u so much for ur service to this country. My dad is a Viet nam vet, unfortunately I couldn't serve due to my body being out of whack so bad with flat feet & scoliosis

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    I helped design and build LAV's for 17 yrs and have seen some bad pics of Hummvees and their drivers. Good on you for your great attitude. Best of luck.

4. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    I live in Greenville also,and work for kllm,they have Volvo automatics,majority lease,but you can run company.They keep me between texas and penn.If you have any questions feel free to pm or just respond.Thanks for you're service.

5. happy30311

happy30311 Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2010
    woodstock ga
  6. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    IEDs... such fond memories of those. I remember when the EFPs were a new thing, and we were still riding around in the 998s, just stacked in the back like we're back home riding in a pickup. Oddly enough, we had M1113s for Kosovo (what a farce that mission was), but we couldn't get the ECVs when we needed them the most... of course, not that it really made that much of a difference (as you've also learned the hard way).... someone with their hands deep in Renco's pockets decided, "hey.. the Humvee's getting the #### kicked out of it, so the answer must be to put more on the ground!". Meanwhile, some time later, we finally figure out what the Rhodesians and South Africans figured out in the 19-#######-seventies, re: MRAPs (in fact, most of the ones we ended up putting into service originated in South Africa during the time when we didn't do business with them at all).
    What rotation were you in and what FOB were you out of?

7. stlvance

stlvance Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    st louis MO
    Hogan runs a lot of east coast with automatics 4 terminals and and one near ashtabula oh.dryvan and reefer

8. stlvance

stlvance Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    st louis MO
    Hogan runs a lot of east coast with automatics 4 terminals and and one in columbus oh.dryvan and reefer

9. LDR

LDR Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2015
    If you get a local job, ask for a Cat CT680 with the CX31. That would be so awesome!

10. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    First, thank you for your service.

I saw halvor lines was already mentioned, but you can also check out sue vinjie trucking which is a sister company and basically functions as their refer division.

You may also want to check out Jeff foster trucking as well. I know for a fact they have some automatic kenworth trucks in their fleet as well.

I know drivers at all three companies and they seem to be happy. Especially my buddy that works for Jeff foster.

I also know Jeff a little and he seems like a stand up guy for what it's worth. I've never worked for him in trucking but have worked for the guy that trains his cutting horses and I have no complaints about how he has treated me or others in that circle in the past.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.