Need current info on May Trucking in Pensacola

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by HarrySam, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Freebird SRT

Freebird SRT Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2016
    @"GaToR" im going with may trucking as long as i get accepted into ait here in phoenix. Ill be finding out tomorrow. Im curious to know about how may trucking calculates the mileage you are paid. Is it air miles, practical miles, hhg miles, zip code to zip code, etc? Thank you!

2. Freebird SRT

Freebird SRT Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2016
    How long is the wait for a trainer after orientation for May right now?

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @gator is a trainer with May in Pensacola. I posted this before, but haven't heard from him.

4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Like everywhere, it varies. 7 years ago I waited 9 days and even then I had to compromise and go with a smoker, which I really didn't want to do.

5. dinosaurjr

dinosaurjr Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Sir, it seems you are a straight-forward, honest guy. I am scheduled to start at May in two weeks. I haven't been in a truck in almost a year, and I've never driven a 13-speed, so I am a bit concerned about the initial driving test. My recruiter says that since I am hired as an entry level driver, it won't be a problem, they just want to determine by training level, and that I won't be sent home if I am rusty or confused over the 13-speed. Could you just verify if this is true? And is the physical a simple DOT physical, or is there anything specific to May Trucking.
    Thanks in advance for answering this. I'm driving 14 hours to get there and trying to avoid any unnecessary surprises. It's difficult to find honest answers on the internet and I appreciate your previous comments very much.

6. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    What? You don't believe the recruiter? ;-)

Bumper Thanks this.
  7. Upright

Upright Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2012
    California's Best City
    These days you dont need to drive a manual with may. You can go autos. If you can drive a 10, the 13s wouldnt be an issue. Whoever gives the road test will work with you if your struggling with shifting.

8. Diaz76

Diaz76 Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Any info on the Gary Indiana terminal I leave Monday for orientation with may

9. Charlie B

Charlie B Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2022
    I'm taking my road test next week and I have a recruiter with may trucking. My question is what would I have to pay out of pocket for like my c.b. and who would install it will it be me or somebody in the home terminal

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.